2023 Sutherland Cup Format

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

zantimisfit

2023 Sutherland Cup Format

Post by zantimisfit »

What's with the league not announcing the Sutherland Cup playoff format this year? In year's past they would announce it well in advance of the playoffs. I'm assuming they will be doing so either Monday or Tuesday. Have to believe they will go back to the wildcard format with win percentage and goal differential as tie-breakers.
Marcie

Re: 2023 Sutherland Cup Format

Post by Marcie »

I haven't heard either. I did hear however that there was a meeting planned this week to discuss the matter.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

too bad they dont have 4 conferences. wild card team does not feel as deserving. i like round robin. by the way good job posting i miss the forum
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

They'll never get 4, 2 is more realistic, with a realignment.

Since it went back to the round robin last year, I would imagine they'll stick with that this year as well.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

So they announce the first round schedule in each conference but no word yet on what format they will use for the Sutherland Cup. Wildcard or Round-Robin? I want to know as a fan and the teams would have to know because win percentage and goal differential may come into play. Why the big hold up?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Just had a look at the bracket section on the league site. It shows the 3-team round robin. No wild card.
AllstarGuy89

Post by AllstarGuy89 »

3 team round Robin. Then top 2 teams play a best of 7 series.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

The GOJHL has a playoff graphic that doesn’t keep up with the games played…if you want to find out the status of a series you have to go to the schedule, search the team and figure it out for yourself…I’ve never seen it done like that before.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

ontariohockey wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 pm The GOJHL has a playoff graphic that doesn’t keep up with the games played…if you want to find out the status of a series you have to go to the schedule, search the team and figure it out for yourself…I’ve never seen it done like that before.
If you click on "Playoffs" you will see all the individual playoff brackets. Don't click on "Playoff Graphic" in the drop down menu.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

zantimisfit wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:09 am
ontariohockey wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 pm The GOJHL has a playoff graphic that doesn’t keep up with the games played…if you want to find out the status of a series you have to go to the schedule, search the team and figure it out for yourself…I’ve never seen it done like that before.
If you click on "Playoffs" you will see all the individual playoff brackets. Don't click on "Playoff Graphic" in the drop down menu.
Well that's better...thanks
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

There's certain things about the website and the app that I'm not a fan of.

I hate that the app doesn't give you the details about penalties, such as if it's a 2:00, 4:00, 5:00 or 10:00.

On the website, I hate that when you go to the team rosters, it has them split into forwards, defence and goalies. I haven't figured out a way to find the teams rosters listed in complete numerical order. My OCD hates this.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Pretty blah first round…6 sweeps, 4 five gamers, no game sevens…same old teams advance year after year.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Simple logic,

Those who invest, will be among the best,
Those who don't spend, will have a quick end.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:03 am Simple logic,

Those who invest, will be among the best,
Those who don't spend, will have a quick end.
Hahaha…yes I understand…some teams put a lot into it and some teams don’t.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

The picture of the fight in the crowd is confusing…why are people smiling?

https://lfpress.com/sports/local-sports ... als-game-7
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It was after the final buzzer, so they were either really happy about the Flyers winning, or found the fight amusing is my guess.

I was at the game, and I actually saw the police heading towards Leamington's bench before the end of the game, which I thought was a little odd at the time, but then as I was getting pictures of Leamington celebrating on the ice, I heard the commotion behind the bench. The police must have anticipated something happening.
Queen of the GOJHL