Kilty B's vs Falcons

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Kilty B's vs Falcons

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

This series has turned out to be exactly what we thought it would be. The best
two teams in the Shoe battling it out for the Conference title.

Great goaltending, hard hitting, fast pace with a little taste of nasty
Game 6 goes Friday night at 7pm at the Jack Gatecliff Arena in St.Catharines.
zantimisfit

Re: Kilty B's vs Falcons

Post by zantimisfit »

That was a great final series with two well-deserving teams battling right to the end. Nice to see that Hamilton was a class organization in defeat, unlike a team like Caledonia. I can't wait to see what the Mid-West and West champs can bring to the Sutherland Cup round-robin. It will be tough to beat the Falcons who can defensively shut down any team when the need arises.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

So it will be a Stratford-Leamington final for the Sutherland this year. To be honest I was a little disappointed watching the Kilty "B"s give up five unanswered goals in the third period at home against the Flyers to bow out of the running. They were defeated by three goals in both home games during this knockout. I guess us Golden Horseshoe fans got spoiled by that great Falcons team last year.
Two solid teams competing this year who each won a game on the road against each other. Still having a hard time getting used to the Warriors moniker. To me they will always be the Cullitons.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Kilty B's totally fell apart in the final 10 minutes of the game after giving up a cheap first goal to the Flyers. I thought all three teams were fairly close and no single team showed any dominance. Still find it hard to believe that after 6 round-robin games only one team (Stratford) won on home ice. I hope Leamington wins the Sutherland Cup as it would be their first.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I am kind of hoping for the same thing. Sure do miss the banter that used to grace these forums especially around playoff time. I am not a big fan of face book and many forums have gone this way.