London Bounty

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Marcie

Re: London Bounty

Post by Marcie »

I recall a bounty situation between the Maroons and the Rockets a number of years ago. It was dealt with very seriously by the OHA.
NatsFan

Post by NatsFan »

Not only did the Komoka Kings report the situation to the OHA but so did someone from within the Nats organization. The OHA decided to sweep it under the carpet.
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

Discipline is handled with in the GOJHL, OHA only gets involved if there is an appeal
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

Imagine in a year or two when 77 faces off vs the Kings owners kid. The daddies will have boil overs.
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

NatsFan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm Not only did the Komoka Kings report the situation to the OHA but so did someone from within the Nats organization. The OHA decided to sweep it under the carpet.

Stay tuned OHF has big investigation going on interviewing, Players, Coach's, parents, etc.- good bye PD
triathleteguy

Post by triathleteguy »

so i guess the OPP are now investigating this matter ....going to get interesting
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

If that is accurate then perhaps the guy who pretends to run a law firm will have to get real lawyers
NatsFan

Post by NatsFan »

He has dug himself a big hole just so his son can play Junior B and score one point. I get that they’re in first place but it’s really sad to see how much this organization has fallen apart since he took over ownership.
GOJHLFanSince2009

Post by GOJHLFanSince2009 »

Any creditable sources on this? This is horrible if it is!
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

I think you have to give the whole thing some space to determine if it is real or not
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

ReggieDunlop wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:44 pm So what. is going on with Paul Duarte and him placing a bounty on a Komoka Kings player
How much money did he pay the player and his parents to stay quiet
How is Komoka Kings ownership letting this go
I am very disappointed with Roop Chanderdat Owner, President and General Manager of Komoka letting this go
How can any parent allow their kid to go and play for Komoka if their ownership allows this
Better yet how can a parent allow a kid to play for a person like Paul Duarte and the London Nationals
I knew London fell off the cliff with Paul Duarte as owner
The Nationals are in first place and Komoka is in third place...those kids are really suffering playing on those teams.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

These are the exact kind of owners this league should not have.
triathleteguy

Post by triathleteguy »

Dont group Chanderdat in the same sentence with Duarte ...the Kings reported events to the league and OHA as they were obliged to do. ..Duarte is the only cancer here ....hopefully between the GOJHL/OHA and the OPP he gets removed from ownership ....i think everyone knew something bad was up when the Knights traded backup keeper Onuska to make room for Flores...Hunters didnt want any part of Duarte and his mess
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

triathleteguy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:56 pm Dont group Chanderdat in the same sentence with Duarte ...the Kings reported events to the league and OHA as they were obliged to do. ..Duarte is the only cancer here ....hopefully between the GOJHL/OHA and the OPP he gets removed from ownership ....i think everyone knew something bad was up when the Knights traded backup keeper Onuska to make room for Flores...Hunters didnt want any part of Duarte and his mess
I doubt that trading Onuska and keeping Flores had anything to do with not wanting any part of Duarte.
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

If the Hunters truly wanted to create distance would they not find another billet for #24?
GOJHLFanSince2009

So when is the league going to kick this guy out and let a true owner take over who won't care about just his son and be a disgrace to the league, city and sport
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

I have my popcorn ready to endure this latest junior hockey circus act. Good times. As if the game of hockey isn't in a tough enough spot as it is. Yikes!
triathleteguy

Post by triathleteguy »

Duate Billeting Mailloux and Sens Coach's son Colton Smith ...cant make this sh** up.....Im sure Hunters would be bailing except covid is making finding billets difficult if not impossible ...what a nightmare for London sports thanks to Paul Duarte ....but at the end of the day, he was looking for attention and now hes famous ...albeit for all the wrong reasons...putting a bounty on a Knights draft pick and future player, while billeting some of their current players .....yep ...cant make this up
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

The GM only makes this circus more interesting
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

triathleteguy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:52 am Duate Billeting Mailloux and Sens Coach's son Colton Smith ...cant make this sh** up.....Im sure Hunters would be bailing except covid is making finding billets difficult if not impossible ...what a nightmare for London sports thanks to Paul Duarte ....but at the end of the day, he was looking for attention and now hes famous ...albeit for all the wrong reasons...putting a bounty on a Knights draft pick and future player, while billeting some of their current players .....yep ...cant make this up
You have really blown this up to an unreasonable limits...

-what does billeting a couple of Knights have to do with anything regarding the Nationals?
-I don't think the owner has created a nightmare for London Sports Fans...with the exception of the Nationals, no other sports organizations cares.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

HockeyFan35 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:28 am I have my popcorn ready to endure this latest junior hockey circus act. Good times. As if the game of hockey isn't in a tough enough spot as it is. Yikes!
I don't think the 'game of hockey' will be affected at all...maybe the Nationals owner will have to answer to it but I'm sure the 'game of hockey' will be ok.

I know everybody is hoping that they fail but they are a first place team with lots of good players...they'll be fine.
AllstarGuy89

Post by AllstarGuy89 »

ontariohockey wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:39 pm
triathleteguy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:52 am Duate Billeting Mailloux and Sens Coach's son Colton Smith ...cant make this sh** up.....Im sure Hunters would be bailing except covid is making finding billets difficult if not impossible ...what a nightmare for London sports thanks to Paul Duarte ....but at the end of the day, he was looking for attention and now hes famous ...albeit for all the wrong reasons...putting a bounty on a Knights draft pick and future player, while billeting some of their current players .....yep ...cant make this up
You have really blown this up to an unreasonable limits...

-what does billeting a couple of Knights have to do with anything regarding the Nationals?
-I don't think the owner has created a nightmare for London Sports Fans...with the exception of the Nationals, no other sports organizations cares.
It’s no coincidence the amount of issues that have come to light, or the amount of long time employees/volunteers that have jumped ship in the just under 2 years since Duarte bought the team. There is an issue and it starts at the top.
GOJHLFanSince2009

Volunteers and staff will start dropping like flies more than they already have. No one wants to be under a head hunter
triathleteguy

Post by triathleteguy »

ontariohockey wrote
"-what does billeting a couple of Knights have to do with anything regarding the Nationals?"

Would you put your son with someone with such questionable character? Billets are adults who impact and influence the lives of these impressionable young men/athletes and if you dont think the character of a billet sponsor is important then there is something wrong with you

And the bounty PD put out was on a Knights draft pick and future player .....ponder that and then explain to me how PD's actions dont affect the Knights
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

triathleteguy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:40 am ontariohockey wrote
"-what does billeting a couple of Knights have to do with anything regarding the Nationals?"

Would you put your son with someone with such questionable character? Billets are adults who impact and influence the lives of these impressionable young men/athletes and if you dont think the character of a billet sponsor is important then there is something wrong with you

And the bounty PD put out was on a Knights draft pick and future player .....ponder that and then explain to me how PD's actions dont affect the Knights
Has there been any problems with him as a billet family? He's a crazy hockey team owner...he's not a serial rapist/killer...the Knight's wouldn't have put their players there in the first place if they thought there was a problem.

I'm sure the Knights could care less about the bounty or how he is running his team, they probably laugh at how nutty he is.
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

Good call out on the fact the kid is a Knight pick...forgot that angle
GOJHLFanSince2009

Suspension expected to be announced soon for Dumbass Duarte
AllstarGuy89

Post by AllstarGuy89 »

Heard it could be 2+ years for Duarte.. Hammer coming down hard. I guess we will have to wait and see.
GOJHLFanSince2009

Throw the HAMMER!!! Get this man out of the league, owns a team for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully it's 5+ and he is done, don't let him in a GOJHL rink
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Dump the Puppet GM Tony also. He was part of the attempted cover up. The league doesn't need or want these type of operators.