New Head Coach in London

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

FormerTrainer

Re: New Head Coach in London

Post by FormerTrainer »

GOJHL Sleuth wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:31 pm Very good odds Power and Burridge will be gone before the pause ends
Power was released to Steinbach
GoNatsGo

Post by GoNatsGo »

FrozenPonds wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:27 pm Then blow it up then!! These teams would be better served, something else I have been saying for years, but they would be better served to go back to 3 separate conferences! Logistically much easier to get things done. The way it is now, you can have something benefit one conference but the other two can vote it down. Go back to 3 separate conferences. Bigger is not necessarily better and this league proves it
This isn't the worst idea, you could also have each conference govern themselves with the GOJHL as the overseer similar to the CHL. Just have the thre leagues come together for the Sutherland Cup.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Go back to 3 separate conferences. It was much better before amalgamation. In my view too many negative voices in the mid west hold back the GOJHL from doing what is best for all.

Best solution, go back to 3 separate conferences operating under the OHF
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Have been saying that to ppl for over 3 years. I would serve two purposes...it would allow for decisions to be made easier and would limit the power of the current GOJHL/OHA Board who seem incapable of making proactive decisions.

And hey..the last two key "hires" by this league just happen to be ex-Nats people. Coincidence?

Dump the current structure. There is absolutely nothing stopping say, the GH to go back to overseeing their own affairs when it comes to decision-making! You would be better served and limit the amount of political, oops, I mean "rational" decisions that the GOJHL has made in recent memory!
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

GoNatsGo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:07 am
FrozenPonds wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:27 pm Then blow it up then!! These teams would be better served, something else I have been saying for years, but they would be better served to go back to 3 separate conferences! Logistically much easier to get things done. The way it is now, you can have something benefit one conference but the other two can vote it down. Go back to 3 separate conferences. Bigger is not necessarily better and this league proves it
This isn't the worst idea, you could also have each conference govern themselves with the GOJHL as the overseer similar to the CHL. Just have the thre leagues come together for the Sutherland Cup.
Absolutely!! As stated, much easier to get things done! And...I mean cmon, you have an owner who put a bounty on a kid? If it was my kid, an investigation would be the least of this guys problems! Oh yah..what investigation??