New Head Coach in London

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

FormerTrainer

New Head Coach in London

Post by FormerTrainer »

Just heard from a fairly reliable source that the Nats and H/C Colin Martin have parted ways.
GOJHL Sleuth

Re: New Head Coach in London

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

McKee and Shipley taking over?
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

GOJHL Sleuth wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:39 pm McKee and Shipley taking over?
Shipley is gone as well….not sure on McKee
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Not from what I heard.

What is happening in London, 3 coaches since June.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

It will be a whole new staff

Post by 1212 »

Heard PP wants back in!
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

The owner will be the coach and his kid will be taking open spot on top line
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

https://lfpress.com/sports/local-sports ... hing-staff

The Nats are starting from scratch.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm told that the new coach they had lined up has already quit now too.
Queen of the GOJHL

ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

The owner has got to be an idiot...players will be leaving soon.
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

I am hearing their C wants out now....can anyone else hear a cheque book opening to stop the bleeding
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

"I'm told that the new coach they had lined up has already quit now too"

I wonder why
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

Hot off the press....Captain sent to St Catherines for cash
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

Just looking for a bit of background here. Why did CM leave Komoka in the first place to go to London? I must've missed that detail. Now this? That's rough.

London is now being run for all the wrong reasons. Yikes.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

It appears perhaps London is being run to stroke the ego of the owner and his Perm buddy.

The GM's record of achievement in LJK minor hockey is underwhelming and the owner drove up and down the 401 looking for a place the kid could play before the act wore thin.
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

100% fact...TM and PD deserve each other as both are attention wh*res
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

How can an Owner issue a BOUNTY , and not be punished by OHA, OHF etc, bounties went out with Punch Imlach
triathleteguy

Post by triathleteguy »

4 months in the gojhl and Duarte has been fined by the league for tampering in the hiring of Martin, investigated for putting bounties on 2 kids from Komoka, extorted a kid who wanted out of london, threatened to assault a komoka parent after kings beat the nats, had his best player leave, been through 3 coaches and put bounties on anyone who checks his kid....and this is just the sh** we know about
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

And yet, HC and the OHF are more concerned about "outlaw" leagues when they seem to fully endorse outlaws themselves. How ironic!!
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

Since Duarte is on the OHA BOD probably gives him leeway from getting punished
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

Wish the new coaches in London all the best , Since TM and PD did not now, only play one 15yr old per game
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Back to this bounty accusation(s). If that is true, what has/is the league doing about it? That’s incredibly serious. If something happens now and the league sat back doing nothing, that would be extremely detrimental to the league as a whole.
go west
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

I recall saying back when they hired the new Commish that.....it was all a little too perfect. Fact is/was, he wasnt even on the short list yet somehow, he was plucked and hired. Truth is....he was an OJHL guy...could still be who knows. But he was at the table every time the Junior "A" thing came up and probably had a part in the decisions up to this point/or the point that he left to go to the OUA. And you all know where those decisions went

I have heard stories about trades being approved by the league and then not approved. Not sure how that happens. My question is simple...who brought this guy in?? Was that individual a member of the current OHA/GOJHL BofD?? What was in it for them? You have to wonder what angle is being played here. Again, I will ask what is in it for them? Something just doesn't smell right and it isnt my socks!

Dare I say it...the GMHL has better leadership than the GOJHL and it has for some time....and THAT is really saying something!
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

Unread post by ICE Chips » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Wish the new coaches in London all the best , Since TM and PD did not now, only play one 15yr old per game

Though I have no evidence I would guess they knew it and perhaps their Mediterranean egos (non sequitur... the atomic bombs were named Fat Man and Little Boy) thought they could do what they want
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

FrozenPonds wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:16 pm I recall saying back when they hired the new Commish that.....it was all a little too perfect. Fact is/was, he wasnt even on the short list yet somehow, he was plucked and hired. Truth is....he was an OJHL guy...could still be who knows. But he was at the table every time the Junior "A" thing came up and probably had a part in the decisions up to this point/or the point that he left to go to the OUA. And you all know where those decisions went

I have heard stories about trades being approved by the league and then not approved. Not sure how that happens. My question is simple...who brought this guy in?? Was that individual a member of the current OHA/GOJHL BofD?? What was in it for them? You have to wonder what angle is being played here. Again, I will ask what is in it for them? Something just doesn't smell right and it isnt my socks!

Dare I say it...the GMHL has better leadership than the GOJHL and it has for some time....and THAT is really saying something!
Its hard to be a Good Comish when Durate London Owner and OHA BOD member tries to break all rules and Niagara Falls Owner former GOJHL BOD follows no rules, and the other 23 members question Comish and GOJHL BOD decisions
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

Its hard to be a Good Comish when Durate London Owner and OHA BOD member tries to break all rules and Niagara Falls Owner former GOJHL BOD follows no rules, and the other 23 members question Comish and GOJHL BOD decisions
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Then blow it up then!! These teams would be better served, something else I have been saying for years, but they would be better served to go back to 3 separate conferences! Logistically much easier to get things done. The way it is now, you can have something benefit one conference but the other two can vote it down. Go back to 3 separate conferences. Bigger is not necessarily better and this league proves it
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

Appears to be a flurry of trades for Nats
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

GOJHL Sleuth wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:15 am Appears to be a flurry of trades for Nats
From the GOJHL Transaction page, they've acquired 4 and traded away 2 since January 8th.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

Very good odds Power and Burridge will be gone before the pause ends