London

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

SugarKing

London

Post by SugarKing »

I didnt know why head coach of london wouldve left when theyre so close to winning every year. But I saw there is a new owner and his kid is on the team. could that be why
ontariohockey

Re: London

Post by ontariohockey »

The new owner has named himself as the GM, he has zero experience...
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

ontariohockey wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:03 pm The new owner has named himself as the GM, he has zero experience...
did he fire the gm? i thought he had a gm already after the gm coach left
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

This was sent to me:

On behalf of the GOJHL Board of Directors, I am pleased to announce that Tim Simmons has been selected to serve as the GOJHL’s Director, Hockey Operations.  Tim will be starting with the league on Monday, October 18th and will be relinquishing his duties with the London Nationals and as a GOJHL Board of Director.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

RocketGirl wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:01 pm This was sent to me:

On behalf of the GOJHL Board of Directors, I am pleased to announce that Tim Simmons has been selected to serve as the GOJHL’s Director, Hockey Operations.  Tim will be starting with the league on Monday, October 18th and will be relinquishing his duties with the London Nationals and as a GOJHL Board of Director.
thanks rg. anxious to see what happens with that team. if you have money you can buy it and make it what you want. for better or worst.
NatsFan

Post by NatsFan »

Wow, in two short months the new owner has driven away two highly respected and loyal team personnel and hired a new coach with his hands tied behind his back. I was hopeful that the scary hit his son took on Wednesday would make it obvious that he doesn’t belong at this level, but apparently not.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

And the circle of incompetence continues in both London and the GOJHL
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

[/quote]

thanks rg. anxious to see what happens with that team. if you have money you can buy it and make it what you want. for better or worst.
[/quote]

The kid has 4 years of eligibility left...how long he's there is probably how long he'll own the team for.
ESC1993

Post by ESC1993 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:12 am And the circle of incompetence continues in both London and the GOJHL
Damn...aint that the truth!!
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

The 99ers did it for 3 years. I doubt his son could have made that many Jr D teams. We were told after he moved him up to his tier 2 team he paid big bucks to an OHA team so his kid could have a tryout.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Cal 99ers wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 am The 99ers did it for 3 years. I doubt his son could have made that many Jr D teams. We were told after he moved him up to his tier 2 team he paid big bucks to an OHA team so his kid could have a tryout.
i heard the london owners son never made aaa before any year and is now playing for that jr b team which is crazy. feel bad for the kid has false hope. saw the hit on youtube hes going to get hit like that again and have concussion problems.
NatsFan

Post by NatsFan »

I’d really love to know how the owner’s son was drafted to the OHL.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Big step up for him...he's never had a job that he earned more that $20 an hour.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

ontariohockey wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Big step up for him...he's never had a job that he earned more that $20 an hour.
Im sure youre raking all the money and your hobby is to post on junior hockey forums. either way, outside of his personal life, he had a hand in running a really good hockey team for 6 years now he is one of the last guys off a sinking ship. new owner must have no shame putting that kid on the ice.
ESC1993

Post by ESC1993 »

And the league has no shame putting him in this role! As stated, rewarding incompetence is a hockey thing.
Tony Espisto

Post by Tony Espisto »

Oh I didn't know you had access to everyone's personal income around the league , A little jealousy going around maybe . You all make it sound like London is the first team with family member on it . As always its the same bull sh** you wouldnt be here without your Daddy. The season has just started why can't some of you cry babies just be happy there is hockey this year.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Tony Espisto wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:29 pm

its wrong to go after someones personal stuff i agree and i am happy hockey is back. does not change that this owner is ruinin it for players that should make that team so his son can play when he should not play. top 2 people on that team are gone and must agree. have you seen them play this year

Oh I didn't know you had access to everyone's personal income around the league , A little jealousy going around maybe . You all make it sound like London is the first team with family member on it . As always its the same bull sh** you wouldnt be here without your Daddy. The season has just started why can't some of you cry babies just be happy there is hockey this year.
ESC1993

Post by ESC1993 »

Every league needs people to just "tow the line". Unfortunately, everyone in this league seems to do just that!
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

New Nationals GM...the duties are going to be shared by the new hire and the owner.

https://lfpress.com/sports/local-sports ... ire-new-gm
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

ontariohockey wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:07 pm New Nationals GM...the duties are going to be shared by the new hire and the owner.

https://lfpress.com/sports/local-sports ... ire-new-gm
surprised but not really with whats been going on with them
ESC1993

Post by ESC1993 »

Off the top of my head there are 3 owners with kids coming up through the ranks.

We already have London...but there is also Komoka and the guy in Hamilton already has his 06 rostered.

Same thing is what killed the OJHL's credibility. FYI to all potential daddy owners...buy now in the GOJHL...asking price is around 50-100k. Anything more is just a pipe smoking dream! Oh wait...there is that Junior A thing some are hoping to cash in, and then out on! Sure they are hoping Lil Savoy can make it happen!!
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

ESC1993 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:37 am Off the top of my head there are 3 owners with kids coming up through the ranks.

We already have London...but there is also Komoka and the guy in Hamilton already has his 06 rostered.

Same thing is what killed the OJHL's credibility. FYI to all potential daddy owners...buy now in the GOJHL...asking price is around 50-100k. Anything more is just a pipe smoking dream! Oh wait...there is that Junior A thing some are hoping to cash in, and then out on! Sure they are hoping Lil Savoy can make it happen!!
The Komoka owner Roop Chanderat has owned the team for over 10 years and has not had a child play for them until this year and he's an affiliate player so I don't think it's fair to say that he bought the team for his boy to play on.

You are way off on the asking price of a GOJHL team...they are being sold for a lot more.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

St. Marys former coach is now an assistant coach in Listowel.

https://www.facebook.com/cycsnation/pho ... 33/?type=3
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

3 nats players to st. mary’s in the last week
Letterkenny68

Post by Letterkenny68 »

Not true Sugarking. The transaction page shows 2 Nats players going to the Lincs in exchange for 1 coming from Lincs. Nats also added a player from Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL.

Seems to be nothing but team improvement for the 1st place Nats.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Letterkenny68 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:34 am Not true Sugarking. The transaction page shows 2 Nats players going to the Lincs in exchange for 1 coming from Lincs. Nats also added a player from Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL.

Seems to be nothing but team improvement for the 1st place Nats.
its not a dig at team its a observation. 3 players from nationals to st. mary’s in the last week. r.cooper t.harbor j.cornfield
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

SugarKing wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:02 am
Cal 99ers wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 am The 99ers did it for 3 years. I doubt his son could have made that many Jr D teams. We were told after he moved him up to his tier 2 team he paid big bucks to an OHA team so his kid could have a tryout.
i heard the london owners son never made aaa before any year and is now playing for that jr b team which is crazy. feel bad for the kid has false hope. saw the hit on youtube hes going to get hit like that again and have concussion problems.
Watching last night's game, my 1/2 cent of advice for #77 is to not chirp the other team at the end of the game or try to call them on, when you only had 5 shifts the whole game.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Every now and then, there's a post where I wish Admin was able to put a like button, or dislike button.
Queen of the GOJHL

ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Say what you want about them but the London Nationals are rolling.