Playoff surprises

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Playoff surprises

Post by Port hockey1 »

What has surprised you so far? I can list several surprises.

-The London vs Sarnia series being so close. London got the sweep, but Sarnia had a chance in every game.

-Leamington being ahead of Komoka 3-0. I thought they would put up a fight. But this does look like one the better Leamington teams in recent years.

-Chatham being up 3-0 LaSalle. They couldn't beat them all season, now 3 straight wins like its nothing.

-The low scoring Caledonia vs Buffalo series. Caledonia has peppered them with shots but can barely seam to to score.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Re: Playoff surprises

Post by brad 36 »

Chatham is actually up 3-1 lasalle won the first game. That being said the boys in Chatham have figured out how to beat lasalle for sure. If chatham could strengthen their d up a bit they could really do some damage. However it is nice to see that series like that after LaSalle wiped the floors with the maroons the first 5 games
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
TheGOJ19

Post by TheGOJ19 »

Chatham leading LaSalle is a surprise, although less of one when you consider who is missing for LaSalle

Sarnia giving London all they could handle in the first two games was also a surprise
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

I think least suprising is nationals and flyers either have swept or about about to sweep the bottom 2. Both series’s are closer scores then I thought but in playoffs goals are harder to get. forgone conclusion that nationals and flyers are about to meet in 2.5 weeks.
At first i thought rockets would beat st. mary’s but does not look like it anymore. i thought this was the most two even teams but rockets havent shown up and starting to run out of time. strathroy has st. mary’s number all year so they should still believe they can do it. need game 3 or its to far gone.
Maroons losing game 1 then scoring 4 late goals to win game 2 and completely flip the series is a little suprising but they have been a different team under new coach. he actually has a plan for his players and seem to respect the coach and listen. maroons goalie are the wild card. thats the only thing that makes me believe in lasalle a bit still.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Things got a little harder yesturday for lasalle loosing their goalie sammie molu to suspension for his slash to wells after the game saturday and the league has handed him an mp40 with a 4 game suspension
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!