Affiliation

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

JrBfansince69

Affiliation

Post by JrBfansince69 »

I’m a little confused here. I thought Jr B teams had affiliation with Jr C teams. Like an NHL/AHL deal. I just saw Blenheim Blades got Matt Cunningham from Sarnia. Wouldn’t Sarnia and Mooretown work together? Not sure how it all works love some insight on it all
24flinching

Re: Affiliation

Post by 24flinching »

No affiliation with mooretown at least not anymore. If Cunningham wanted to go to the Flags it would have taken a lot longer than 3 days. He would have missed weeks of games. Hopefully some changes happen in Sarnia in the off season. This used to be a great program.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I thought I heard/read that there are no longer any affiliations between teams and that players can go where they wish. Cunningham is apparently from Chatham so perhaps Blenheim is a better fit travel-wise for him in Jr C rather than Mooretown?
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

24flinching wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:45 pm No affiliation with mooretown at least not anymore. If Cunningham wanted to go to the Flags it would have taken a lot longer than 3 days. He would have missed weeks of games. Hopefully some changes happen in Sarnia in the off season. This used to be a great program.
Sarnia hasn't been "a great program" since Abercrombie left
blanegretzky

Post by blanegretzky »

Cunningham joins his older brother in Blenheim
Letterkenny68

Post by Letterkenny68 »

Hockey Canada struck down all team to team affiliations a few years ago so it's all open affiliation now.

The revolving door in Sarnia seems to be spinning like crazy. What's this, the 4th or 5th player to exit Sarnia in the last month or do?
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Maybe Mooretown didn't want him ?
End of a era in Leamington