MidWest Time To Septup

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

MidWest Time To Septup

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I remember reading at the beginning of the year but I can't remember where and who.
But they were picking the Sutherland Cup champs coming out of the MidWest.
With two teams in the Sutherland Cup playoffs it's time to prove it.
Or will Elmira and Listowel fold do to there success just comes from playing in the MidWest.
A lot of people on this forum and around JR-B hockey say the MidWest is the weakest conference.
I guess time will tell.
Port hockey1

Re: MidWest Time To Septup

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:26 pm I remember reading at the beginning of the year but I can't remember where and who.
But they were picking the Sutherland Cup champs coming out of the MidWest.
With two teams in the Sutherland Cup playoffs it's time to prove it.
Or will Elmira and Listowel fold do to there success just comes from playing in the MidWest.
A lot of people on this forum and around JR-B hockey say the MidWest is the weakest conference.
I guess time will tell.
The last few years has proven that they are the weakest Conference. They're still a very competitive Conference though. They just don't seem to be at the same level as the top teams from the Shoe, and West lately.

Maybe this year Listowel will change that. Until someone from that Conference gets through the other two, they will be known for being in a bit of a slump.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Think mid-west teams have their team pretty much set in the beginning of the season,whereas the other divisions are always tweeking their lineup thru out the year.They look good at the Showcase.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Historically, the Midwest has dominated. Waterloo has 11 Sutherland Cup wins, Stratford 7, Elmira and Cambridge both have 3,the Dutchies have 1, and so on.The Midwest looks weak because they haven't been in the Sutherland Cup Finals since 2013.I don't think that's a fair assessment, mind you I'm biased haha. The nice thing about the Midwest, is that it's not the same couple of teams winning the Cherrey Cup each year. It's interesting to note how in 2013/2014, Listowel was 8 seed in the playoffs, while now they are 1. I also enjoy watching the Midwest more than the other conferences, but I guess all that matter is what Conference is in the Sutherland Cup finals.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cal 99ers wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:24 pm Think mid-west teams have their team pretty much set in the beginning of the season,whereas the other divisions are always tweeking their lineup thru out the year.They look good at the Showcase.
Listowel, Elmira, & Kitchener all added players towards the end of the season. But I'd say the West & Shoe had teams adding more players.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

At the game in Listowel last night.Listowel looks to be up to the task,lucky win for London.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

jfvoll wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:46 pm Historically, the Midwest has dominated. Waterloo has 11 Sutherland Cup wins, Stratford 7, Elmira and Cambridge both have 3,the Dutchies have 1, and so on.The Midwest looks weak because they haven't been in the Sutherland Cup Finals since 2013.I don't think that's a fair assessment, mind you I'm biased haha. The nice thing about the Midwest, is that it's not the same couple of teams winning the Cherrey Cup each year. It's interesting to note how in 2013/2014, Listowel was 8 seed in the playoffs, while now they are 1. I also enjoy watching the Midwest more than the other conferences, but I guess all that matter is what Conference is in the Sutherland Cup finals.
Funny thing about 2013,if it wasn't for Caledonias losin g theBrown line in the Stratford series, it very well have been London and the Golden Eagles in the finals.