Fight breaks out between players & fans at N.B. hockey game

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Fight breaks out between players & fans at N.B. hockey game

Post by Port hockey1 »

SAINT JOHN, N.B. — Police broke up a fight between players and fans at junior league hockey game in New Brunswick on Saturday.

Sgt. Steve Wilson says Saint John Police put "special attention" on the semifinal matchup between the local Southern Sting and the Grand Lake Moose at the Lord Beaverbrook Rink. Up to 1,000 people were in the stands when a brawl erupted between players and fans, Wilson said.

"Order was restored and the crowd dispersed," he said. "It’s not a typical thing to have police respond to a hockey game."
The rest of the story can be read below;

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/figh ... ckey-game/
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Fight breaks out between players & fans at N.B. hockey game

Post by Port hockey1 »

Something similar happened when Thorold was in Welland about 9 or 10 years ago(at least). Fans were taunting the Thorold bench and tossing trash at them. Their assistant coach at the time, former player Pat 'the rat'(Palone?), climbed into the stands and threw a few punches. Was a crazy night in Welland. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102