Stratford Warriors

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

Stratford Warriors

Post by Caledonia Fan »

GOJHL Insiders ‏@GOJHLRumors2 17h17 hours ago
Stratford Cullitons add 1996 American goaltender Rock Boynton from the OJHL Lindsay Muskies.
jfvoll

Re: Stratford Warriors

Post by jfvoll »

Doesn't surprise me, their goaltendering has been their Achilles heal, when you're second in the conference in scoring but with a goal differential of 4, it says something
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

What happened to Stratford this season? So much promise with the players they went out and signed. All for not, disappointing regular season and horrible playoff run. Who takes the fall?
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

cpt obvious wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:58 pm What happened to Stratford this season? So much promise with the players they went out and signed. All for not, disappointing regular season and horrible playoff run. Who takes the fall?

I would say coach for sure, possibly GM? I'll be honest, I don't know why they kept Steve Dallas, IMHO he wasn't too great of a goalie.

Attendance also fell this year, with only 947 average fans a game, down from 1,172 the year before, so something is happening in Stratford that's scaring away fans.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

They had enough talent to contend this season for sure. But when a key player came back several weeks ago, he didn't put up nearly as many points as I expected he would. So when the playoffs were starting I had a feeling something was up and that they wouldn't last long.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/20 ... in-2017-18

Good read about Stratford. Still the best place to watch JR-B hockey
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Stratford will be unveiling their new logo next Thursday, June 1, at the Allman, 6:30. Details of the logo contest and who won the contest is on Stratford's website.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.