Conference Finals: Leamington(1) vs London(2), Playoff Thread & Predictions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Marcie

Re: Conference Finals: Leamington(1) vs London(2), Playoff Thread & Predictions

Post by Marcie »

Video of all the scoring and coach Piroski's after game comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... gE6wOB97Sk
If the link won't work for you, go to the Nat's facebook page and find the post and link.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Thanks for posting video Marcie. Ref and Rogers commentator got it right. Ruddock was clearly reaching for the puck and got it. Nice play, nice feed, and a wicked shot by Deloretto.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

well said coach Piroski, clearly a trip.
End of a era in Leamington
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

God the entertainment on this forum is rich. Let's see... two qualified, experienced refs on the ice, close to the play vs the losing coach, on the bench, who just had surgery on one eye. Who made the right call? I'll tell you. I'm making the call: Nats in 6. This series is over tomorrow night. :smt006
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Don't get too cocky
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

The way I see it is even though the game was tied on a questionable non call , their still was hockey to play . You don't lose a game on a tying goal . A breakdown of defensive zone coverage was the soul reason for the loss . When you come back to your end you have a job to do . This clearly was not done . NO ONE PICKED UP THE SHOOTER . That was why the Flyers lost .
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Northofusa19 wrote:The way I see it is even though the game was tied on a questionable non call , their still was hockey to play . You don't lose a game on a tying goal . A breakdown of defensive zone coverage was the soul reason for the loss . When you come back to your end you have a job to do . This clearly was not done . NO ONE PICKED UP THE SHOOTER . That was why the Flyers lost .
That's very true, but if the penalty is called, the Flyers win. I know the ref is in a very difficult situation, so I know I wouldn't want to have been the guy who had to make that split second decision.

As was mentioned above, a lot was let go the entire game. I also think the refs have a harder time making that call when the team has their goalie on the bench and is pressing to tie the game.

Should be a barn burner tonight! :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Agreed port. Well said
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

ummmm flyers so you think the refs were bad oh my god mark that on the board heven forbid your precious flyers should loose to reffing

on the other hand good luck nats tonight im sure there are alot of maroons fans planning on attending tonight good luck boys and beat em out at home
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Barrett saved the Flyers season. London had two great scoring chances with seconds left on the clock. Barrett came up huge!

Off to OT. 1-1
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

flyers2011 wrote:Don't get too cocky
Nahhhh might as well get cocky leamington did in chatham when they won looks good on them getting out played tonight. Oh and just a side note i couldn't believe the bitchin i heard tonight from the leamington fans about nets coming off and poor reffing HAHAHAHAHAHA
:smt068 :smt068 :smt068 :smt068 :smt068 :smt068 :smt068 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Last edited by brad 36 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
shady

Post by shady »

Thats right can't blame Refs and Net coming off ! All part of game ! Its funny and awesome that Leamington Lost . Especially after the rude gestures and actions after they won in Chatham ! It's called Karma baby ! Good Luck London ! Good Bye Leamington !
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Hearty congratulations to all the Nats players, coaches and management on a great season so far. A well-deserved victory tonight against an excellent opponent. Leamington is a great club. Hughes an excellent choice for Weir Cup mvp. Goaltending wins close series and he was the man. Good luck vs Cullitans boys!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Best of luck to London in representing the West. Special congrats to former Blades/Rockets, Pat Powers, Trevor Dulong, Tim Simmons, Jeff Borrows, Jason Davies and honourary myFM pregame host Tim Bell. Bring us home the provincial championship! Congrats as well to former Rocket Wade Clubb, now an assistant coach with Waterloo.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I just added a video to my FB page of the Nats Bill Weir Cup win last night.

http://www.Facebook.com/TheRocketGirl16
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

haha any chatham fan is not in a postion to chirp AT ALL considering Leamington beat your ass out :D. As for Game 6, what a game both goalies were terrific as for knocking the net off every team does it, to me that's not a big deal. Congrats to my flyers on another awesome season im pleased making it to the Conference Championship 3 years in a row. Over the last 5 years this league has become to a 2 team league with the Nats winning 3 and the Flyers winning 2. Both are great organizations. Best of luck to London in the Sutherland Cup playoffs I am sure you guys will represent the West just fine.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

no flyers leamington got lucky against chatham had it not been for powerplay goals that would have been a much different series but its all the same second place is the first LOOSER.
CONGRATS LONDON on your championship this year you guys earned this one
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

lucky ? HAHA why don't you just admit Leamington was the better team against Chatham. Trying loosing with some class.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

It must bother you so much Brad that Leamington and London have been the class of the league for the last 5 years now. I am sure both will be strong again. I would love to see London make it to Finals and give Caledonia all they can handle. If Hughes keeps up his strong play London has a good shot
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

you wanna go with class when your organization has none eh. ok lets go there then i can play this game as well the chatham fans were very respectfull in game 6 your flyers not so much when execs are calling the maroons staff bald fat *&#@. Class eh if thats class kill me now had it not been for the lack of class by your fans and execs and suspended/injured players i may have picked you guys to win. the team had no class on the ice poor winning is just as bad as sore loosing im glad your season came to an end with out even a wild card chance for a team that led the west all season then you miss a wild card to waterloo thats pretty sad and by the way the maroons should have a pretty good club again next year have fun im out.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

First off. Leamington doesnt have execs. 2nd off the flyers have lots of class and so does the maroons. Its just fans like you that hurt the chatham organization reputation. As i said before lose with some class. Hopefully your not still bitter when september comes.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

by brad 36 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Nahhhh might as well get cocky leamington did in chatham when they won looks good on them getting out played tonight. Oh and just a side note i couldn't believe the bitchin i heard tonight from the leamington fans about nets coming off and poor reffing HAHAHAHAHAHA
Post by flyers2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:22 am

haha any chatham fan is not in a postion to chirp AT ALL considering Leamington beat your ass out :D. As for Game 6, what a game both goalies were terrific as for knocking the net off every team does it, to me that's not a big deal. Congrats to my flyers on another awesome season im pleased making it to the Conference Championship 3 years in a row. Over the last 5 years this league has become to a 2 team league with the Nats winning 3 and the Flyers winning 2. Both are great organizations. Best of luck to London in the Sutherland Cup playoffs I am sure you guys will represent the West just fine.
Post by brad 36 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:44 pm

no flyers leamington got lucky against chatham had it not been for powerplay goals that would have been a much different series but its all the same second place is the first LOOSER.
CONGRATS LONDON on your championship this year you guys earned this one
by flyers2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:28 pm

lucky ? HAHA why don't you just admit Leamington was the better team against Chatham. Trying loosing with some class.
Post by flyers2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:29 pm

It must bother you so much Brad that Leamington and London have been the class of the league for the last 5 years now. I am sure both will be strong again. I would love to see London make it to Finals and give Caledonia all they can handle. If Hughes keeps up his strong play London has a good shot
Post by brad 36 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:04 pm

you wanna go with class when your organization has none eh. ok lets go there then i can play this game as well the chatham fans were very respectfull in game 6 your flyers not so much when execs are calling the maroons staff bald fat *&#@. Class eh if thats class kill me now had it not been for the lack of class by your fans and execs and suspended/injured players i may have picked you guys to win. the team had no class on the ice poor winning is just as bad as sore loosing im glad your season came to an end with out even a wild card chance for a team that led the west all season then you miss a wild card to waterloo thats pretty sad and by the way the maroons should have a pretty good club again next year have fun im out.
Post by flyers2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:31 pm

First off. Leamington doesnt have execs. 2nd off the flyers have lots of class and so does the maroons. Its just fans like you that hurt the chatham organization reputation. As i said before lose with some class. Hopefully your not still bitter when september comes.

...And the gloves are off. :smt062 It just wouldn't feel like the playoffs if the Chatham and Leamington fans weren't at each others throats. :) :smt051
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Marcie wrote:Best of luck to London in representing the West. Special congrats to former Blades/Rockets, Pat Powers, Trevor Dulong, Tim Simmons, Jeff Borrows, Jason Davies and honourary myFM pregame host Tim Bell. Bring us home the provincial championship! Congrats as well to former Rocket Wade Clubb, now an assistant coach with Waterloo.
Also congrats to Ilderton resident and former Rocket AP Hayden Broomhead with Stratford
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

He wasn't a real Rocket, played 1 game as an AP, so he doesn't count.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

If you watch the replay of the overtime goal its pretty much the same as game 5 where no one picked up the shooter .Three Flyers puck watchers chased the puck one way and the shooter was left alone again .Its also pretty much the same guys on the ice as well.Poor D coverage lead to two OT losses .I do think the head butt on Oplinger was pretty nasty .Something the league should have been looking into further.Nothing against London but man that looked premeditated .