Flyers hit 40 win club

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Flyers hit 40 win club

Post by flyers2011 »

Only the 2nd time in team history since 1958 the Flyers have won 40 games in a season. Other time was 1998-99 when they won 44. The last couple years they have had a lot of overagers and always think next year Is a rebuild. the coaching staff and management always find ways to fill the holes. Way to go boys
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: Flyers hit 40 win club

Post by Port hockey1 »

What's really amazing about this is doing so without much scoring most nights. Like tonight they edge St.Thomas 2-1 on a buzzer beater, but out-shoot them something like 41-12.

It's like they just can't get any breaks some nights. That and it shows how solid their defense and goaltending has been this season.

But good things seem to follow great coaches! :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Agreed Port. Good coaches draw good players i think. I think what the new ownership and coaching staff have done in 6 years is amazing. They were a 7 win team when they took over. What a difference ! I do wish all the teams luck in the playoffs whoever wins the west will definatley earn it.
End of a era in Leamington
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Flyers look unstoppable right now. I know the organization treats the players better than anywhere else in the Gojhl, players tell players and soon enough you have yourself a dynasty. Whoever faces them in the west final will have their work cut out for them. This could be the Flyers year to win it all.