Epic battle for final playoff spot, Lambton Shores controls their own destiny

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Epic battle for final playoff spot, Lambton Shores controls their own destiny

Post by Port hockey1 »

It looks like there's going to be a big battle for the 8th and final playoff spot. St.Marys currently has a two point lead over Lambton Shores, both teams have 5 games left. But Lambton Shores has several advantages here.

Lambton Shores has to play their 5 games in in 8 nights. But, they're all home games.

St.Marys has to play their 5 games in 7 nights, and 4 are road games. St.Marys also has a tougher schedule ahead.

Lambton Shores hosts;

-Leamington
-St.Thomas
-London
-Sarnia
-Strathroy

St.Marys games are;

-At Leamington
-At Strathroy
-At London
-Host Leamington
-At Chatham

How do you see this ending?

I predict that Lambton Shores beats Sarnia, and loses the other four games. I predict St.Marys beats Strathroy and loses the other four games.

In that scenario, St.Marys makes the playoffs! :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Epic battle for final playoff spot, Lambton Shores controls their own destiny

Post by Port hockey1 »

Anyone else pulling for St.Marys? Lambton Shores has enough talent, they should've had it locked up a longtime ago. For that reason, and because a change would be nice, I'm really pulling for St.Marys. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Oglethorp

Re: Epic battle for final playoff spot, Lambton Shores controls their own destiny

Post by Oglethorp »

The race for the cellar took an expected turn tonight with the St Thomas Stars man handling the understaffed Preds tonight. Selling off the top talent and the inability to find a full roster for the remaining league games will help the Predators win the coveted Golden Plunger award again this year. They are now 4 points behind St Marys with 3 games to go, compliments of the Lincolns 6-4 road victory. 6 goals on 26 shots was the story tonight in Strathroy.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

not a fan of the 2h15m car ride lol but would be nice to see st Mary's back in the playoffs.
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The Lincolns definitely earned that win last night. They want to make the play-offs, and they played like it last night.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

RocketGirl wrote:The Lincolns definitely earned that win last night. They want to make the play-offs, and they played like it last night.
Was it the Lincolns play or the Rockets penalty kill and goalie that let them down? Word around the WMMA was the goalie couldnt stop a thing and ended up being pulled. To bad for the Rockets too, they need to generate some sort of momentum going into the play-offs.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

cpt obvious wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:The Lincolns definitely earned that win last night. They want to make the play-offs, and they played like it last night.
Was it the Lincolns play or the Rockets penalty kill and goalie that let them down? Word around the WMMA was the goalie couldnt stop a thing and ended up being pulled. To bad for the Rockets too, they need to generate some sort of momentum going into the play-offs.

So now its the goalies fault? Had it not been for Gubbels and Oulett earlier on your Rockets would have been part of a 3way race to even be playing in a game in March
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

With their loss to Sarnia last night, Lambton Shores is out of the play-offs.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.