Chatham 7 LaSalle 1

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Chatham 7 LaSalle 1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Chatham won in a blowout tonight, thanks in large part to 4 third period goals.

It looks like this game featured a lot of drama and maybe a vicious cross check? Here's the penalties;
PENALTIES
Period 1
LaSalle - Blake Jones - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 MIN, 18:47
Period 2
Chatham - Dede Cato - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 5:10
LaSalle - Tyler Russell - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 8:10
Chatham - Blair Derynck - (Roughing after Whistle) (RAW), 2 MIN, 11:02
LaSalle - Tyler Russell - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 15:20
Chatham - Steven Beenackers - (Tripping) (TR), 2 MIN, 19:03
LaSalle - Connor Matton - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 MIN, 19:03
LaSalle - Connor Matton - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 19:03
LaSalle - Daniel Beaudoin - (Cross Checking) (Game Misconduct) (GM54), 0 MIN, 19:03
LaSalle - Daniel Beaudoin - (Cross Checking) (Major) (CC), 5 MIN, 19:03
Period 3
Chatham - Austin Thompson - (Abuse of Officials) (Misconduct) (M21), 10 MIN, 1:50
LaSalle - Matthew Doucette - (Roughing) (RO), 2 MIN, 4:19
LaSalle - Paolo Battisti - (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) (USC), 2 MIN, 4:59
Chatham - Connor McKinnon - (Interference) (INT), 2 MIN, 4:59
LaSalle - Brett Primeau - (Bench / Coach) (Bench Minor) (BM), 2 MIN, 5:49
LaSalle - Nathan Savage - (Abuse of Officials) (Misconduct) (M21), 10 MIN, 5:49
LaSalle - Paolo Battisti - (Delay of Game) (DG), 2 MIN, 6:13
LaSalle - Paolo Battisti - (Abuse of Officials) (Major) (), 5 MIN, 6:13
LaSalle - Connor Rosaasen - (Slashing) (Double Minor) (SL), 4 MIN, 9:28
LaSalle - Connor Rosaasen - (Abuse of Officials) (Misconduct) (M21), 10 MIN, 9:28
LaSalle - Connor Rosaasen - (Trash Talking) (Gross Misconduct) (GRM64), 0 MIN, 9:28
Chatham - Dede Cato - (Interference) (INT), 2 MIN, 11:52
LaSalle - Brett Banwell - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 MIN, 18:47
Chatham - Dede Cato - (Interference) (INT), 2 MIN, 18:53
What did the LaSalle goalie do to get the abuse of officials Major? I wasn't surprised to see a famous ref was calling this game. :smt002
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Re: Chatham 7 LaSalle 1

Post by flyers2011 »

2 of the worst refs in the league reffing together can never be a good thing lol
End of a era in Leamington
Hockey53

Post by Hockey53 »

He took a delay of game penalty for kicking the net off and gave up a goal after which he shot the puck at the ref.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Battisti's penalty has been changed.
LaSalle - Paolo Battisti - (Delay of Game) (DG), 2 MIN, 6:13
LaSalle - Paolo Battisti - (Physical Abuse of Off.) (Match) (MP25), 0 MIN, 6:13
yikes
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The Maroons had a goal waved off earlier in the game when he kicked the net off. It looked accidental but the ref did go over and talk to him. It might have been a warning. They still have him down for playing the entire game. Billing came on in relief.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

indefinite suspension
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

battisti was upset about the delay of game wich was the right call and instread of letting it go he deliberatly shot the puck at the ref he deserves what he gets
he could be a great playe if he kept his head
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

Where was JB for Chatham tonite, suspended ?
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Guylafleur wrote:Where was JB for Chatham tonite, suspended ?

concussion suffered in the leamington game a few weeks back
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

brad 36 wrote:battisti was upset about the delay of game wich was the right call and instread of letting it go he deliberatly shot the puck at the ref he deserves what he gets
he could be a great playe if he kept his head
About time the kicking of the net is called. He should get at least 15-20 games for trying to fire a frozen puck at an official. There needs to be zero tolerance.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

brad 36 wrote:
Guylafleur wrote:Where was JB for Chatham tonite, suspended ?

concussion suffered in the leamington game a few weeks back

Oh yea the alleged biting incident and fight, I hope he is ok
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Well they changed the goalie times. I can't believe we pay a head stats guy for this kind of work.

NAME DEC Min SHOTS SAVES
1 Paolo Battisti 6:13 33 32
35 Eli Billing LOSS 53:47 11 5
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Another mistake pointstreak has 94 Dalton Langlois playing for lasalle last night. I can assure you that is a mistake lol
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

LaSalle has 23 players in the lineup vs Chatham on Pointstreak. You can only dress 20.
SnakeBites2

Post by SnakeBites2 »

That was probably one of the worst games I've ever seen officiated, they actually ruined a pretty good hockey in the 3rd period. And no way battisti shot the puck at the ref, he was standing in his crease with the puck no where near him.
Blades

Post by Blades »

The PS admin will only look at making changes if requested. It is not up to that individual to know that a team used two of their goalies let alone how much time each spent in net, how many shots they faced or how many goals they give up. It is up to the home team's PS person to ensure they got it right before finalizing the game OR if a mistake was made, for that team to notify the admin. The types of mistakes you are listing are made by the operator of PS -- having someone listed as playing when they didn't, having too many listed. It is something that someone *should* have noticed and the PS operator asked to make those changes.

We in the West have been using PS since 2005 and I have to wonder if there is ever any training on using the program when someone new takes over that task. We have been very fortunate in Sarnia that we have had at least 2 people at each home game that know how to run the program. I realize that it isn't always possible to have the new person trained by someone in the organization and so a thought -- perhaps PS could have a "training website" where people new to the running of the program could go and learn how the ins and outs of it. Just a thought ... I get them once in a while :D
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
shady

Post by shady »

I sit right behind the net at every game , Battisti took the puck out of the net after Chatham scored and shot it at the Ref.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

shady wrote:I sit right behind the net at every game , Battisti took the puck out of the net after Chatham scored and shot it at the Ref.
I can confirm this as well, the ref was skating back up the ice and he clearly shot it directly at the ref and I believe it struck him in the back of the leg by the way the ref reacted and turned around.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

shady wrote:I sit right behind the net at every game , Battisti took the puck out of the net after Chatham scored and shot it at the Ref.
I also can confirm this as a matter of fact when he did it he was told to leave the ice and refused. As for officials they called a pretty good game lasalle list there heads and cost themselves a game
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Are you the guy in the white hard hat with the red light on top?
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I hope this isn't considered saying who you are shady, but no, he's not the super fan with the goal light on the helmet. He sits near him, but that's not shady.

As for Paolo's suspension, now is not the time for them to be down a goalie. I'll be surprised if he gets more than the 7 games allotted, but that means he's out the remainder of the regular season and Game 1 of the play-offs.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:LaSalle has 23 players in the lineup vs Chatham on Pointstreak. You can only dress 20.
I've seen that few times. Last year too. I had to double take. lol
shady

Post by shady »

You are good Rocketgirl , I don't care if anyone knew who I was anyway , But yes I am not super fan with the white hard hat and light.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:
As for Paolo's suspension, now is not the time for them to be down a goalie. I'll be surprised if he gets more than the 7 games allotted, but that means he's out the remainder of the regular season and Game 1 of the play-offs.
I would hope the time of season isn't a factor when the suspension is issued. If he only gets 7 games, there's a lot of players on fourth lines who wouldn't mind 7 games for firing the puck at a ref they dislike.

How this is handled should be very interesting. We just saw a linesmen slammed into the boards in the NHL, will that play a factor in the leagues decision? I know they won't say it did, but that might be on their minds, no?

They need to handle this with caution, or we could see a new dangerous trend in Junior hockey. Just my thoughts. :)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I too was at that game and clearly I sit near Shady as well, as I'm about 20 feet behind the net. Battisti clearly kicked the net off on purpose, (it was the fact that he cocked his leg to get a good jam on the pole that gave him away), nonetheless, the ref was right there and made the call. That penalty resulted in a goal, now although Battisti did indeed shoot the puck out of the net after the goal, I do not believe for a second he intentionally shot it at the ref. He cleared it out of frustration and it just happened to hit the ref. Battisti's head was down when he shot that puck out. Granted, he shouldn't have shot the puck at all, but to say he intentionally aimed at the ref is wrong. He never looked up when he shot it.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:I too was at that game and clearly I sit near Shady as well, as I'm about 20 feet behind the net. Battisti clearly kicked the net off on purpose, (it was the fact that he cocked his leg to get a good jam on the pole that gave him away), nonetheless, the ref was right there and made the call. That penalty resulted in a goal, now although Battisti did indeed shoot the puck out of the net after the goal, I do not believe for a second he intentionally shot it at the ref. He cleared it out of frustration and it just happened to hit the ref. Battisti's head was down when he shot that puck out. Granted, he shouldn't have shot the puck at all, but to say he intentionally aimed at the ref is wrong. He never looked up when he shot it.
Great post, we have conflicting stories here. But the truth needs to be found in all of this. I hope there's video. Because if it was an accident, the punishment shouldn't be as severe.

Big difference in accidentally, and intentionally. :)
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Must have been in Chatham Sunday night haha