Flyers even season series with Maroons

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Flyers even season series with Maroons

Post by flyers2011 »

Wasn't able to make the game tonight but looks like a lot of stuff going on in the first 2 periods. curious about the shooting the puck over the glass penalties. Seen who the 2 were reffing so figured it would be a LONG night. Big win for the Flyers tho while missing some very key players. Well done boys
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: Flyers even season series with Maroons

Post by Port hockey1 »

Starting to see some playoff scores.(low scoring games)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I wasn't at the game either, but I see Chatham has some suspensions from it.

Cato has been racking up the suspensions lately. Before Christmas he got 2 games, he played 2 games and then received a 3 game suspension. He returns last night from that suspension and gets another 4 games.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

I was at the game and can tell you potter needs to loose his job after last night the sh** leamington got away with would male a blind man shake his head. Chatham now has three key players out for thursdays game and the flyers end up with no suspensions. Moore droped his gloves and was beating the crap out of a guy in the corner that wanted nothing to do with it. In the second period 2 guys jumped thompson as he was trying to avoid the crap he was skating away from it when they jumped him. Parker topk slashes and interferance in net all night long. Frattercangelli took 5 cross checks from behind while short handed in a matter os less than 25 seconds. Im not saying chatham didnt get a way with a few as well but i can tell you i have zero respect for the flyers organization after last night and tell me how can someone who has ties to half the flyers team be aloud to ref a leamington/chatham game. At one point the flyers had more guys in the box tgan on the bench on 10 minute misconducts where were the game misconducts there. Im sorry for the rant but it is time to call a spade a spade here folks before someone gets seriously injured
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Every single time you lose to Leamington its always the refs fault. Its getting old. The flyers actually had more penalty minutes then Chatham did and Leamington will have most likley 4 guys out of the lineup on thursday so you cant use that as an excuse. I was talking to a chatham fan today and a chatham player and they both said the reffing was awful both ways. Stop crying.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

You also stated you WERE NOT there but what i did say is that the calls were not equal i did admit chatham got away with some stuff but you cant give one team a game for something and turn around and give the opposing team a 10 minute misconduct for the same thing and your pretty quick to blame refs to flyers besides everyone is entitled to an opinion you dont like mine dint read it but i wouldnt recomend jumping diwn someones throat when you were not even at the game
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

First off I very rarely come on here and complain about the reffing. 2nd off your quite humerous come on here saying you lost all respect for the Flyers organization and then say both teams got away with stuff. Thankfully not all Chatham fans are like you.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

here is what the CHATHAM daily news had to say about the game.
http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2016/01/ ... er-maroons
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

I was at the game as I am a season ticket holder for many years. The reffing was fine. The Flyers had more jump from the start and are a much more physical team than Chatham. The Maroons did not seem well prepared for this game at all. I can’t tell you if it was the players not having their heads on straight or if the coaching put together a bad game plan, but regardless, the Flyers deserve the win and Chatham has to take it as a learning opportunity and move forward.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I am sure Thursday will be a good one in Leamington, hopefully the Flyers are well prepared like they were on sunday cause I am sure Chatham will want some revenge.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

19 shorthanded goals for Chatham... :shock:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Leamington does have a big and rugged team, the suspensions and misconducts don't surprise me. Chatham not being able to beat a top tier team is more surprising considering where they sit in the standings. Leamington is in London Wednesday so any suspensions they may have are going to hurt them there. Can't wait til Thursday...love a good rivalry.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Port hockey1 wrote:19 shorthanded goals for Chatham... :shock:
McGeen with 8 himself...more than most teams have...
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Florence got one game against Chatham so he will miss the London game, Emerson has 2 left and amante and phibbs are both hurt.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Cato (4 games), Ford (2 games) and Johnson (2 games) all out for Chatham. To be honest they all looked like stupid undisciplined penalties by all three of them. The only good news is that it will force the other players to step up their game and fill in the gaps (I hope so).

This will also be a good test by for the young coaching staff to see if they can prepare a team to compete during some adversity.
Hockey53

Post by Hockey53 »

I was also at the game and a long time season ticket holder. GOHLFAN is correct in that Leamington was much more physical and Chatham did not have their usual jump. However, the officiating was terrible and blatantly played into Leamington's hand time and again throughout the game. They got away with far more crap than Chatham did. Small wonder some of the Chatham players lost it with the refs. Piroski must have been grinning all the way home.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

thank you hockey 53
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Haha i am sure the refs will be awful thursday too. Even if chatham wins. As i said before thank goodness not all chatham fans are like you as a previous poster from chatham proved.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Actually Flyers the last time chatham got beat in leamington i was one of the first to congratulate the flyers but you can be damn sure it wont happen again after sunday
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

What's with #16 for Chatham... Is he playing injured, or does he just not care? Because he's a lot better than the up and down season he's having.