Ownership

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

GOJHLFAN-999

Ownership

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Let’s talk about ownership. Are you happy or concerned with the way your local team is being run?
Port hockey1

Re: Ownership

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote:Let’s talk about ownership. Are you happy or concerned with the way your local team is being run?
Challenge: Find anyone who will support the owner of the Pelham Panthers being allowed to operate a team... Off the record of course.

I'm sure there's a few teams with issues, but nothing like Pelham. You can take that to the bank.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Leamington and Lasalle both have great ownership. Players get treated very well.
End of a era in Leamington
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

The Chatham ownership is bad to say the least. Players don’t have the basic equipment needs met (old helmets, beat-up visors, ripped up socks, ripped gloves, rationed stick and sock tape, no skate repair or skate sharpening). The coaches have very little say in personnel and the owner / GM suffers from a narcissistic personality. There is no merchandising available to the fans (and they want to buy the stuff, they ask about hats and shirts). And the city businesses are all treated poorly. Nothing for the team is bought locally. I could go on, but you get the point.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Chatham is in desperate need of an ownership change. I help out with another team in a different league as well. We had a player come back from chatham and he said it was really bad. The sad part is they have a really good hockey team and a great fan base (as crazy as some of them are) they definatley deserve better.
End of a era in Leamington
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Wouldn't have a team in Caledonia if it wasn't for our ownership. Caledonia Corvairs Jr - C was almost ready to fold till this ownership moved Brantford here. Now we see some of the best hockey, in a great league the GOJHL. There's rumours of ownership wanting to buy a OHL team. They have everything in place owership, coaching staff and a very good GM. Just looking for the right team. So that will be the end of hockey in Caledonia. Can't see anyone stepping in. I'm just enjoy it as long as it lasts.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Wouldn't have a team in Caledonia if it wasn't for our ownership. Caledonia Corvairs Jr - C was almost ready to fold till this ownership moved Brantford here. Now we see some of the best hockey, in a great league the GOJHL. There's rumours of ownership wanting to buy a OHL team. They have everything in place owership, coaching staff and a very good GM. Just looking for the right team. So that will be the end of hockey in Caledonia. Can't see anyone stepping in. I'm just enjoy it as long as it lasts.
They might keep them going and send them OHL cuts?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102