Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

GOJHL All Star Game - CANCELLED

Post by flyers2011 »

End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: GOJHL All Star Game - CANCELLED

Post by Port hockey1 »

Yeah, I was reading that in his interview on the other page.

Why not go 3 on 3 for the All-Star game?... Probably because it makes sense... :smt111
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That makes absolutely no sense Port.

The reason there's no All-Star game is because it's pointless. I've seen numerous All-Star games over the years and they're not competitive at all, none of them try, and they end up being 12 goal games for each side. That's not fun or exciting to watch and scouts aren't going to come for that.

Last year, the Prospect's Game was actually pretty good and I seem to think that it was a close game.

Anyways, here's my preview for the Prospect's Game.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/gojhl-t ... ects-game/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

This is why scouts put a lot of weight into league games and playoffs and not these types of festivals. This years rosters look like a regurgitation of last years with a few scattered additions. Just speaking from the West I would like to see some new more faces than some that were already seen last year and the scouts know there limitations. As one GM said to me it wouldn't look good if the players that were there last year didn't go back this year. That said, I don't think that many scouts will show up unless they are seeing something new and there isn't much new this year at the prospect game. Scouts certainly know the limitations of players they have seen 200 times in 3 years, 201 won't make any difference. For example I doubt any scout considers a player that was on an OHL roster last year then reassigned to the GOJHL this year to be a prospect. I think sending new players that are competitive with the ones already known (there are several that were missed) would have been of more interest and likely made for a better game
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:That makes absolutely no sense Port.

The reason there's no All-Star game is because it's pointless. I've seen numerous All-Star games over the years and they're not competitive at all, none of them try, and they end up being 12 goal games for each side. That's not fun or exciting to watch and scouts aren't going to come for that.

Last year, the Prospect's Game was actually pretty good and I seem to think that it was a close game.

Anyways, here's my preview for the Prospect's Game.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/gojhl-t ... ects-game/
3 on 3 would make it fun for the players & kids in the stands. It's not always about the scouts.

Players volunteer if they want to participate. The best volunteers could be chosen. There was a time when the GHL would host a home/away all-star game with the Mid-West. It was mostly for the fans to enjoy good hockey.

It wouldn't hurt to try.

And I mean in addition to the prospects game.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Oglethorp wrote:This is why scouts put a lot of weight into league games and playoffs and not these types of festivals. This years rosters look like a regurgitation of last years with a few scattered additions. Just speaking from the West I would like to see some new more faces than some that were already seen last year and the scouts know there limitations. As one GM said to me it wouldn't look good if the players that were there last year didn't go back this year. That said, I don't think that many scouts will show up unless they are seeing something new and there isn't much new this year at the prospect game. Scouts certainly know the limitations of players they have seen 200 times in 3 years, 201 won't make any difference. For example I doubt any scout considers a player that was on an OHL roster last year then reassigned to the GOJHL this year to be a prospect. I think sending new players that are competitive with the ones already known (there are several that were missed) would have been of more interest and likely made for a better game
You make some good points.