Buyers and Sellers

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

ohaguru

Buyers and Sellers

Post by ohaguru »

That time of year again. With the standings tight from 1-6, who will be able to make that impact move? First and second will get a walk through the first round guarantee. 3/6,4/5 is not the place to be for the first round. St Thomas seems ready to make a move, Leamington has already made a couple adjustments, Chatham is always looking.
Oglethorp

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by Oglethorp »

Leamington will not do much else if anything. Definitely not sellers.

St Thomas is already looking to add a veteran defenceman and will be looking for a couple of forwards shortly. Ryan Valentini was traded to Sudbury OHL yesterday so he did not play against Strathroy last night. Eric Henderson is expected to be traded by the London Knights soon.

Chatham has had some players leave and will need to add in all positions to compete. The Maroons should be sellers but likely won't see it that way and try to add.

London is........inconsistent and under achieving. Biggest need is to upgrade the defence and powerplay. Should be selective sellers and build for next season.

LaSalle with a few additions could contend with Leamington and St Thomas. Nathan Veres return will help solidify the defence, adding an OA defenceman and forward should do it.

Sarnia could be sellers but may want to keep their OA players to help their young players with some playoff experience.

Strathroy Not likely dealing a goalie, might add a player to make playoffs get more games in 1st round but won't pay much for him.

St Marys too young to be adding, no vets to sell. Stand pat. Try to get a taste of playoffs and retain their core for next season.

Lambton Shores Will likely sell Sarfati and Fraser for 16 cards and/or cash. making playoffs is a bonus.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Dont be surprised if the flyers make a couple more upgrades.
End of a era in Leamington
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

I like how every team has a nice blurb with the exception of London....underachieving? Last I looked they were in the mix for second place...upgrade defence? Last I looked they were second in the conference for goals against...you had a good thing going until your distain for London showed through. I can't see any team with the exception of Preds selling players off, if history shows us anything it's that the regular season means nothing.