maroons outwork flyers 6-3

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

maroons outwork flyers 6-3

Post by flyers2011 »

Well earned win tonight by the Maroons, outworked the flyers in my opinion. Perfect example why home ice is huge in the playoffs. Flyers use the big ice to there advantage and the maroons use the small ice to there advantage.
End of a era in Leamington
Marcie

Re: maroons outwork flyers 6-3

Post by Marcie »

Even more impressive for the Maroons having to play the night after their 3-1 win in Strathroy. It was a highly physical, even brutal game in Strathroy. I wondered if they would run out of gas. Apparently not. They also used Butler in goal for both games. I find that very interesting. I thought for sure they were resting up Johnson for the Flyers. Very impressive win.
insanity

Post by insanity »

well done boys, maybe it's not all gloom and doom with guys bailing out on the team
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

i figured johnson would have started tonight but it wasnt the case the maroons flat out out worked the flyers at the right times even with missing 2 key players well done boys now to just figure out how to play on the biggest ice in the west and things would be golden for chatham.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Ford's goals lift Chatham to 6-3 victory over Leamington
Chatham Memorial Arena Sun, Nov 22, 2015
Story by Narrative Science.

Behind a great game by Gus Ford, who had two goals, the Chatham Maroons defeated the Leamington Flyers, 6-3.
Ford scored on the power play at 11:39 into the first period to make the score 2-1 Chatham and again while 16:21 into the second to make the score 4-2 Chatham.

Referees had their hands full with a major incident at 15:05 into the first period. Four fighting penalties were dished out along with two game misconducts.

Chatham was often in penalty trouble, totaling eight minors and one major for 41 minutes in penalty time. The Maroons had been averaging 28.0 minutes in penalties per game. Chatham forced Leamington goalie Michael Barrett to work between the pipes, taking 54 shots.

Chatham additionally got points from Connor Koviak, who also had one goal and one assist and Ian Faubert, who also registered one goal and two assists to lead the team in points. Chatham also had goals scored by Mark Fratarcangelli and Ross Krieger, who scored one goal each. Other players who recorded assists for Chatham were Michael Levesque, who had two and Connor McKinnon, Michael Douglas, Steven Beenackers, and Teddy McGeen, who contributed one each.

The Flyers kept the Maroons' goalie busy throughout the game, and Parker Butler made 33 saves on 36 shots. Leamington gave up more goals than its normal season average. The Flyers are averaging 2.0 goals against for the season. Leamington struggled to stay out of the sin bin throughout the game as it finished the game with 32 penalty minutes for five opposing power plays.

The Flyers were led by Cale Phibbs, who tallied one goal and two assists. Phibbs scored on the power play 5:46 into the first period to make the score 1-0 Leamington. Leamington had gotten the advantage when Chatham's Levesque was sent off for boarding. Mitchell Amante assisted on the tally. Others who scored for Leamington included Cale Allen and Scott Florence, who each put in one. In addition, Leamington received assists from J.P. Grineau and Derek Elliott, who each chipped in one.

The Maroons ran into serious disciplinary problems during the contest, and Blair Derynck was ejected from the game. Barrett rejected 48 shots on goal for the Flyers. Leamington registered three goals on six power play opportunities. For the Flyers, Zach Guilbeault was ejected from the game.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Good win by the Maroons tonight. Butler played very well. Leamington just keeps coming at you. Some great hockey for the fans. Would have been nice to see a bigger crowd tonight given the importance of this game.

I heard that Winters is heading back to St. Mary.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Yeah I was very surprised by the crowd, I know they said 820 I think but I figured there would be over 1,000
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

and for the record, before the January deadline the Maroons will be getting better. I heard tonight from a very reliable source a couple moves there working on, it will improve them quite a bit if the moves happen.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I wish there had been a bigger crowd too. I won the 50/50 and while that was great, a bigger jackpot makes it greater. :)

Good game by the Maroons although the giveaways.......my GOD the giveaways..... :(
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

I absolutely agree that the Maroons will get better over the next few months. I really like the younger head coach and the systems that he has them playing. I also like the speed that they have put on the ice. And with their recent pick up of Bussing they have added some toughness as well. I’m sure a few more changes will be made but they are headed in the right direction.