Maroon meltdown?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

insanity

Re: Maroon meltdown?

Post by insanity »

a little message to these guys leaving,.........don't bother coming here in he first place. Stop screwing the fans, who also help pay the bills, out of their money.
JRFAN

Post by JRFAN »

insanity wrote:a little message to these guys leaving,.........don't bother coming here in he first place. Stop screwing the fans, who also help pay the bills, out of their money.
The owners bills. The kids pay over $1000 to play, plus the cost of a helmet, gloves, pants, sticks and gas...just so you can watch them play.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

insanity wrote:a little message to these guys leaving,.........don't bother coming here in he first place. Stop screwing the fans, who also help pay the bills, out of their money.
Frustrating for sure. But if the team is built right, players will want to come, not leave.

As much as it bothers me to see these kids leave, it kind of makes me unhappy with ownership.

It's up to them to make Chatham a desirable place to play, and with the great history in Chatham... That shouldn't be very difficult.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

players come and players go you cant please everybody all the time even if percy is gone we still have a very good group of guys but ill tell you this there was no indication after the game of anyone wanting out
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

brad is completely right, players come and players go. In 21 seasons I've learned to not get attached because they all leave eventually anyways, whether it's voluntarily, get traded, or they graduate.

You just have to learn the philosophy, if you don't want to be here, there's the door, don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out. If you adopt this theory, when players leave, it just rolls off your back.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
JRFAN

Post by JRFAN »

Heard Ben Nicholls left as well.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Jordan Winter has left as well.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Fans do get attached to their players otherwise they wouldn't be fans. The sheer number of players choosing to leave Chatham should be concerning. This isn't a team struggling to win, so whatever is driving the players away will likely continue to do so. Too many teams like to blame everyone else for their own short comings by simply portraying their ex players as selfish, or not being committed or just didn't want to play here for some unknown reason. When it happens with one player during a season that is one thing, when it keeps happening with multiple players to the same team(s) there is a reason for it.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Former Rocket and Thorold Blackhawk Chris Corgan has signed with the Maroons.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

welcome to chatham chris
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Scored a goal in his debut. Good for him.