Lambton Shores

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Lambton Shores

Post by RocketGirl »

Finally found an announcement from the Predators. I haven't seen one that says Dickson was fired, but since they've hired a new head coach, I guess that works.

Lambton Shores Preds ‏@LSPredatorsJrB 2 hours ago
@RoopChanderdat would like to welcome new Head Coach Randy Pearce to the Preds. We wish him the best of luck in his coaching debut tonight

They've also traded goalie Tyler Caruana to Brantford for cash.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Re: Lambton Shores

Post by Oglethorp »

RocketGirl wrote:Finally found an announcement from the Predators. I haven't seen one that says Dickson was fired, but since they've hired a new head coach, I guess that works.

Lambton Shores Preds ‏@LSPredatorsJrB 2 hours ago
@RoopChanderdat would like to welcome new Head Coach Randy Pearce to the Preds. We wish him the best of luck in his coaching debut tonight

They've also traded goalie Tyler Caruana to Brantford for cash.

New Preds goalie has some decent numbers from last season With the Espanola Rivermen 1.91 GAA with .943 SV %.

Looks like Dickson is still with the Preds as Director of Player Personnel.

The new coach a a good playing resume including 3 yrs of OHL plus 6 yrs minor pro playing experience but also has a son playing on the team. Hopefully for the Preds this is the jump start they needed, and he works out better than the last parent coach they had.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Something was clearly wrong there. After their rookie from last season left for Blenheim this season, I figured things weren't going very well down there.

It looks like they're trying to fix things before they get out of hand. If that goalie is as good as advertised, they might start winning a few more games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Very good story. I really enjoy reading the localsportsreport this year ! Keep up the good work scott.
End of a era in Leamington
number 17

Post by number 17 »

Well done Scott. the Preds will be better with this move, Don was spreading himself too thin with other responsibilities, management is trying to get the max out of this group wish them luck
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Hopefully this works and the coach does what is best for the team and not for the few.
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Marcie wrote:http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2015 ... make-move/
From Local Sports Report blog
Good read..Thanks
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My first opinion piece of the year. 2015, Not the Year of the GOJHL Coach.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/2015-no ... jhl-coach/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Very well written RG, I had lost track of how many. I agree in the GOJHL this maybe the Year of the Scapegoat. At the beginning of the year I would have said this is a tough league to step into with out experience. That said, both Malinowski and Dickson have been replaced by young rookie coaches charged with the responsibility of turning the ship around. It is too early to tell how successful this will be. Other rookie coaches have had mixed successes. Brendan Riggin (Strathroy) and Tyler Roeszler (Chatham) are both started the season behind the bench of teams in rebuild with very limited if any experience as a head coach at this level. Chatham has been hot and cold at times and there are a few rumblings about his future from those expecting a Sutherland Cup run from the Maroons this year. In spite of the rumblings and the recent departure of his captain I think he should be relatively safe. The Maroons have a good mix of players and depth that should allow them to go deep in playoffs, but barring a few significant acquisitions I don't see a cup run this season. I was in Strathroy on Saturday and there are rumblings there. To be fair any team that hasn't won in 13 games will draw criticism from their own fans but there is a belief in the stands that a simple coaching change will cause a 180 turn in the Rockets game performances. Others are quick to point out changing the ice allocation that some players receive or don't receive will change the teams fortunes. I think Riggin is vulnerable and in a very tough spot, the team has heavily relied on its 2 goaltenders to keep them in games but lacks depth and skill infront of the goaltender to win games. There are no game breakers asking for a trade to Strathroy right now so acquiring JrB ready players is a significant challenge at this stage of the game. The team has some good potential with some of their 17 year olds if they remain interested, but losing games does take its toll, especially on players not used to losing. In the end I would think that both of these young coaches have the potential to be good coaches in the long haul but as we know teams that struggle mid season do have casualites. Unfortunately they could become the next scapegoats to gain short term fan approval
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Well thank you Oggie. I'd been wanting to write it for a couple weeks, but just hadn't had the time. I finally made the time last Thurs. to start it and then finished it on Monday.

And I'm not sure if it's fair to compare us and Chatham. Yes, we both have young inexperienced coaches, but our roster consists of 11 kids that have never played at the Jr. level before. From what I can tell, the Maroons have just a handful.

As was said to me in 1 of my player interviews, it's a tough transition for some from minor hockey to Jr. hockey. It's a completely different game, you have to change your playing style, and in my opinion, the young Rockets haven't quite figured that out yet.
Queen of the GOJHL

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Lambton Shores added winger CJ Kucsh to their line up today. Kusch previously played Jr A in Saskatchewan with the Humbolt Broncos and had 2 goals in 2 games with Sarnia earlier this season.
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Hopefully he can help this struggling team with some "team play"