Chatham Captain Brayden Hopkins leaves Maroons

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Chatham Captain Brayden Hopkins leaves Maroons

Post by flyers2011 »

Chatham Maroons Captain has apparently left the team and wants to play with the Blenheim Blades Junior C.

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2015/11/ ... in-hopkins
End of a era in Leamington
flyers2011

Re: Chatham Captain Brayden Hopkins leaves Maroons

Post by flyers2011 »

the New defenceman the Maroons picked up will help them on the back end, he looked pretty strong from what I saw.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Hopkins will be a big loss for the Maroons, but likely not the only 20 year old in the league weighing out playing being done this year or playing next year at 21.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Chatham Maroons Captain has apparently left the team and wants to play with the Blenheim Blades Junior C.

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2015/11/ ... in-hopkins
His play hasn't been the same this season(on the score sheet). I guess he made the right decision. Either your heart is in it, or you leave. Staying only makes those who want to be there suffer.

Best of luck in Blenheim.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
insanity

Post by insanity »

don't think his heart was in it, when you get to that age you want to enjoy your last years of junior, play with some buddies and gear back a bit. Enjoyed watching him play, when he was on his game he could be quite a force. Can he play some games for the Blades to get eligible for 2016 and also play in Chatham again ???????????????????
THINK POSITIVE

Post by THINK POSITIVE »

Another Player gets Cactied!!!!!! Chatham should really look into their affiliation...
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

here is the article on hopkins

The Chatham Maroons are losing their captain.

20-year-old Brayden Hopkins is leaving the team to join the Blenheim Blades in the Great Lakes Jr. C Hockey League.

Maroons Head Coach Tyler Roeszler says Hopkins is joining the Blades so that he can play an extra year of junior hockey.

“It’s always a chance that you take on 20-year-olds that come November or December they might choose to go down to Jr. C to get that extra year of hockey in,” says Roeszler. “For some of them it’s the right situation — you can’t blame them for wanting to play an extra year.”

Because Hopkins is transferring to a Jr. C team before December 1, he’ll be eligible to play another season at that level next year.

best of luck to hopkins on his future with Blenheim. we will miss you in chatham but wish you all the best on the rest of your hockey career
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

A lot of discussion on the Junior C forum on Hopkins leaving Chatham and Joining the Blenheim Blades. But I don’t think he can play or perhaps even practice with the Blades until he is officially released. And from what I have seen to date, Chatham has not released him yet.
Does anyone know why?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

He can play without the release.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote:A lot of discussion on the Junior C forum on Hopkins leaving Chatham and Joining the Blenheim Blades. But I don’t think he can play or perhaps even practice with the Blades until he is officially released. And from what I have seen to date, Chatham has not released him yet.
Does anyone know why?
http://blackburnnews.com/chatham/chatha ... e-maroons/
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I hope Chatham don't win the Sutherland Cup this year. But they have a good chance as anyone a lot better than some.
But I would think this young man thought this out.I don't know anything about Blenheim Blades do they have a shot.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

As of right now the Blenheim Blades sit with a 8-7-1 record 6th place in the great lakes junior c league 19 points out of first place.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I see that Chatham has picked up a new defenceman.

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/20 ... ate-trades

Stratford made a couple trades this weekend and 1 was sending defenceman Aaron Jacobs to Chatham.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.