chatham/lasalle

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

brad 36

chatham/lasalle

Post by brad 36 »

After a bad night for the maroons thursday they certainly pulled of a good win for the fans tonight in the old barn.
Chatham has now beat the vipers 15 games straight out scoring there opponent 84-39 over the contest of those 15 games and scored 5 or more goals in 10 of those 15 games congrats boys on a great win tonight.

Just so a few on here dont jump down my throat the vipers did make a run to get back into the game after being down 4-0 but in the end they just couldnt put enough together to make it work.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
brad 36

Re: chatham/lasalle

Post by brad 36 »

Chatham Maroons Move Into 3rd Place with 5-3 Win over LaSalle Vipers!!!
Chatham Memorial Arena Sun, Nov 08, 2015

Story by Narrative Science.

The LaSalle Vipers almost clawed their way back from a four-goal deficit, but the Chatham Maroons managed to pull out a 5-3 win in the end.

Chatham led by four goals at one point and ended with the victory. The largest advantage in the game came when the Maroons' Austin Thompson scored at 12:36 in the second period to put Chatham up 4-0.

Referees had their hands full with a major incident at 11:56 into the second period. Four fighting penalties were dished out along with two game misconducts.

The Maroons forced their penalty killing units to work especially hard during the game, picking up eight minors and one major for 41 minutes in penalty time. Chatham surpassed its season average of 30.0 penalty minutes per game. The Maroons' offense rang up 48 shots on LaSalle's net.

Chatham was led by Gus Ford, who finished with one goal and three assists. Ford scored 19:49 into the third period to make the score 5-3 Chatham. Chatham also got points from Ian Faubert, who also registered one goal and one assist. Teddy McGeen also scored for Chatham. More assists for Chatham came via Connor McKinnon, Michael Douglas, and Connor Koviak, who contributed one each.

The Vipers were often in penalty trouble, totaling 10 minors and one major for 35 minutes in penalty time. The total exceeded the 23.0 minutes per game LaSalle had been spending in the box. The Vipers kept the Maroons' goalie busy throughout the game, and Parker Butler made 34 saves on 37 shots.

LaSalle was led by Manny Silverio, who racked up two goals. Silverio scored the first of his two goals at 6:47 into the third period to make the score 4-2 Chatham. Silverio's next tally made the score 4-3 Chatham with 2:54 left in the third period. A slashing penalty on Michael Levesque had put the Vipers on the power play. LaSalle also got a goal from Blake Jones as well. In addition, LaSalle received assists from Liam MacDougall and Nathan Savage, who each chipped in one.

Chatham registered one goal on seven power play opportunities. Team's Dede Cato and Luc Knight were slapped with misconducts and ejected from the game. Paolo Battisti rejected 43 shots on goal for LaSalle. The Vipers registered one goal on five power play opportunities. LaSalle ran into serious disciplinary problems during the contest, and Connor Rosaasen was ejected from the game.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

pretty entertaining game, id say chatham owned the first half while the Vipers tried to make a comeback but did it too late. Chatham definatley has Lasalle's number.
End of a era in Leamington
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Listened to the game on the radio. Sounded like a very entertaining game. Chatham radio does a great job. Enjoy their broadcasts very much.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Nice win by the Maroons especially with the potential of having some distractions about Hopkins leaving the team. I’m sure the coach addressed the issue with the team prior to the game.

The LaSalle goalie must have displaced the net 5 or 6 times and no call. Can anyone explain what the rule is?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That's 2 captains in 2 years that the Maroons have lost. And I sense some hostility from Roeszler in the Chatham Daily News about it.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote:Nice win by the Maroons especially with the potential of having some distractions about Hopkins leaving the team. I’m sure the coach addressed the issue with the team prior to the game.

The LaSalle goalie must have displaced the net 5 or 6 times and no call. Can anyone explain what the rule is?
Yes the net was kicked off on 2 goals..... yes the fans in chatham were pissed as this isn't the first time this reffing duo has let this go on as we saw with london in last years play offs but it is what it is and we cant change that all that matters is the boys kept playing and got the win.

As for the hopkins deal im not saying sh** until its a done deal and announced.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Losing our Captain sucks, but I guess it could be worse... We could be in Strathroy's shoes. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

hes not gone as of yet for sure and even if we do loose him hes going to where he gets another year to play cant blame him for that.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Strathroy would be the worst possible situation to be in right now, and ive heard more then Blenheim interested in Hopkins, will be interesting to see what happens.
End of a era in Leamington
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

there was talk before the season of him going to caledonia as well hence why im saying lets wait and get the official news before jumping the gun