Flyers route Maroons 8-0

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Flyers route Maroons 8-0

Post by flyers2011 »

Not the kind of Game I was expecting. Flyers pounded the Maroons 8-0 in front of close to 1100 fans in Leamington. Johnston did not look very strong from what I saw, Tyler Wall continues his great play with another shut out, I am sure the next time these 2 play it wont be 8-0 but ill take it now. GO FLYERS
End of a era in Leamington
Qwerty

Re: Flyers route Maroons 8-0

Post by Qwerty »

Flyers were letting off steam after getting spanked the previous night by the Nationals...
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Wouldnt call 5-2 a spanking. Flyers showed why there a first place team tonight. I am sure just an off night for chatham but the flyers were still dominit.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Not the kind of Game I was expecting. Flyers pounded the Maroons 8-0 in front of close to 1100 fans in Leamington. Johnston did not look very strong from what I saw, Tyler Wall continues his great play with another shut out, I am sure the next time these 2 play it wont be 8-0 but ill take it now. GO FLYERS
I almost saw this coming, not 8-0, that was a little surprising. But I was expecting a 5-1, or 6-2 loss. There's a few vets who need to be better out there. Can't count on the rookies all the time.

I can't comment on the play of either goalie, as I didn't see the goals.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

Yes the game was 8-0 but It seems that the Flyers have games like this even when the bad habits continue .What happened in London was a matter of the Nats capitalizing on the bad habits .Not much changed tonight in the play except the Flyers kept a high guy very high tonight and seemed to
take care of the defensive side of the puck .Here are a couple of the bad habits I'm talking about .Length of shifts .Some of the older guys especially the leaders are on the ice for close to 2 mins and some even more .Last time I checked ,that's exactly how not to lead a team .Here is the sad part .The coaching staff doesn't seem to mind too much that this happens . After one particular shift the guy only went back to the bench when the whistle blew and not a word was said to him .This may not effect the outcome of this game however its not the first time I've seen this and assuming that some players are beyond asking them to skate hard for a 45 second shift , It wont end today .With that being said I further noticed that many aspects of this game are not being practiced the right way .In particular some guys think that carrying the puck up the ice instead of moving the puck is way faster.Last time I saw a guy race a puck ,the puck won . The fortunate part right now is that this team is so talented they just keep getting away with all the bad habits (There are more) .This will bite them in the ass if the coaching staff doesn't grow a set of balls and discipline everyone and not just the ones who are on the lower end of the pecking order.Tyler Wall is by far the best goalie in the league right now .He makes stops that you think are sure goals and that's what makes him so good .How good would Sanko be if he could skate .He works his ass off ,puts himself in great spots on the ice and has incredible vision .Fun player to watch . Anyway if this team thinks they are going to win against the Caledonias, they need to have a coaching staff that will address things right now with everyone .Not sure if guys are being promised , paid ,or if they are afraid they will quit, but a talented team like this has got to have a mentality that every shift is their hardest, and not pace yourself for one of the two minutes that your on the ice .These comments are based on the entire season so far( not just this game) and the sooner you develop good habits within a squad the greater your parts will be in the end .
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Everyone in that dressing room gets punished the same just because you dont see it on the bench doesnt mean it doesnt happen. That coaching staff is one of the best around.
Larkman

Post by Larkman »

Kills me when people starts picking apart a teams 'issues' after the 8-0 shellacking as people call it. As a big time maroon fan the loss does not concern me in the least after winning 7 straight! Every good sports team amateur or pro simply have 'one of those games' and for Chatham it was simply 'one of those games'. This will be proven when they press forward and start stringing together a bunch of wins right away. Plus they have already proven they can beat the flyers as they did at the start of the season. Not discrediting the flyers but the loss does not reflect who this Chatham team really is.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Chatham definitely had an off night. Johnston let in a couple of weak goals early and Chatham’s defence was shaky. The vets did not step up when they needed too.

Leamigton play a very good game. They wanted the puck more than Chatham and out played them in all parts of the game. This was a big game for both teams and I think the Flyers wanted in more. They seemed better prepared.

Barraclough (Chatham’s 16 year old) had a good scrap and took it to the older McGhee. Barraclough showed allot of grit, something I wish the Maroon vets would have done tonight.
binder

Post by binder »

Younger McGhee
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

YOu know flyers it amazes me the fact that you have been so quiet lately on here then start something like this when Chatham beat leamington early in the year not a damn word was heard about it. As for johnson letting in to soft goals to start both of them were power play goals and the third goal there was contact with the goalie not that potter and hamelin are smart enough to call a spade a spade. up until that chatham showed some life yes they played like sh** after that and had a bad night but they are human and are allowed to have a bad night once and a while. but like i said chatham wins 7 in a row no one bats an eye they loose one bad game and the haters loose there freakin minds. ps i hope chatham kicks the snot out of the flyers the next time they meet so we can come on here and trash your team ps the rest of the league has been making the point gap a little less all the time as of late so dont get cockey just because you beat chatham.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Simmer down you got anger issues. When the top 2 teams in the league play and the final is 8-0 sorry but thats a story. If it was the othet way around i still would of posted. I have actually posted positive comments about the maroons i think there off to a great start considering no one expected it including myself. And for johnstons standards a few of the goals were soft. As i also said the next time these 2 teams meet im sure it wont be 8-0. You sound like a 14 yr old teenager.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

really flyers because when chatham beat the flyers early in the season you didnt have anything to say then. chatham has held there own well this year considering the amount of young players they have not to mention probably the youngest coach in the league
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Yup they have which is what i said ! There off to a good start and the head coach seems like a good guy. I still think they will have trouble knocking off the defending champion flyers in a 7 game series especially if leamington has home ice. Time will tell.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

flyers2011 wrote:Simmer down you got anger issues. When the top 2 teams in the league play and the final is 8-0 sorry but thats a story. If it was the othet way around i still would of posted. I have actually posted positive comments about the maroons i think there off to a great start considering no one expected it including myself. And for johnstons standards a few of the goals were soft. As i also said the next time these 2 teams meet im sure it wont be 8-0. You sound like a 14 yr old teenager.
Last time I checked, Leamington and London were tops in the West, and Calendonia and Kitchener were tops in the league.