Team Events

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Team Events

Post by RocketGirl »

As I'm getting more comfortable writing my game previews, and they're getting easier, only takes me a couple hours now, I've decided that I'd like to add in any special events the teams are having at their games, such as Remembrance Day ceremonies over the next week, teddy bear toss, any games for a special cause, like breast cancer last month, Movember, etc. I'd like to add them in to the previews to help in promoting them for the teams.

I've done through the websites for the West and Midwest teams, but unfortunately, most are lacking in this information.

If you know of anything, please post it here, or send me a PM or you can email me, s_rockets@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

RG
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Re: Team Events

Post by Marcie »

That's a great idea, and a tough job. As you noted from your trip around the GOJHL, there are two types of organizations, ones that are excellent in getting the word out of their upcoming events, eg. LaSalle and a few others, and the rest, which are horrid in that regard - some clubs do not even have a facebook page, or who rarely update the one they have. This will be a great avenue for anyone on the inside in any capasity, including fans, to let you know about an upcoming event whether it has been promoted on their sites or not. Well done!