Merlin Gone?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Marcie

Merlin Gone?

Post by Marcie »

Someone told me today that Merlin is no longer with the Lincolns. Can anyone confirm this?
RocketGirl

Re: Merlin Gone?

Post by RocketGirl »

http://www.southwesternontario.ca/sport ... lns-coach/

I'm very disheartened by this. I believe that Merlin is the man to turn that team around, but it was going to take time, not a quick fix.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I'm very upset about this too. We all knew given time Merlin would have them back as a consistent top 4 team. You can't make the soup if you don't have the beans.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

So, the coach says it how it is, unlike most former coaches...And the team comes out with a bunch of bs?

What did they expect the man to do, turn them into a contender overnight? I understand coach Merlin was a well respected coach with a lot of history.

If things really happened the way he said they did...Not very classy on the teams part.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
SnakeBites2

Post by SnakeBites2 »

Their is a guy that has a significant role with the St. Marys Lincolns that wanted one of the players to have more ice time, and merlin disagreed and this is why i believed he resigned.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Lost some respect for St Mary's
End of a era in Leamington
ohaguru

Post by ohaguru »

Someone on the staff has a 2000 and wants to make sure there is a card for him next season I hear.
SnakeBites2

Post by SnakeBites2 »

Don't lose respect for st.marys the the president mr. Stapleton and the GM are liars and pretty gutless.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

It is a shame that the coach is being made the scapegoat in St Marys. He has more credentials than most coaches in the league. Only Lambton Shores put out less effort to recruit players than St Marys. For some reason waiting to see who was leftover from the others teams as the principle method of player acquisition didn't work. Go figure. Does this mean the 2000 dad will be coaching the team going forward? I recall a parent coach in Lambton Shores a couple of years ago. How did that turn out?
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
SnakeBites2

Post by SnakeBites2 »

No the parent coach is the president and has zero hockey sense, I'm assuming he won't be on the bench.
sam

Post by sam »

It is hard to believe that any team exec on the Lincolns would be so stupid to take a run at Merlin .He lives only a half block from the Arena and spends more time at the rink than any one can imagine . They talked him into coming back to rebuild the team and it looks like he was doing a good job . I am disappointed that the back up coaches didn't take a stand . I hope some one with some guts stands up and makes a statement here of why .
Merlin has always been a favourite with both the fans and the players . The president is new to the team .
Merlin has gave all to the team for 8 and half years and 4 years developing minors getting ready for JB. since moving to StMarys.
sam