Lambton Shores

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

STINGER

Lambton Shores

Post by STINGER »

This team seams to have a lot of talent but can't seem to get it going. Your thoughts on why.
RocketGirl

Re: Lambton Shores

Post by RocketGirl »

This topic should be on the West board, not the Shoe board, so I've moved it.

As to what's going on with them, I have no idea. On paper, they should be higher in the standings, but Dickson isn't getting the most out of his players and I'm not sure why.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

This team should have started better on paper but that hasn't been the case. Coach Dickson has missed 5 of the first 15 games with suspensions, that likely hasn't been very helpful. They do have some young players that are still adjusting and are prone to undisciplined penalties at the wrong times. They are making some roster adjustments, we will have to see how it works out.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Between missing the games and the way this team is performing, has been disappointing. Some roster changes may help but it might be the steering wheel not the tires.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

from what i saw saturday night there is alot of problems i know if my captain called my team sh** all the time i wouldnt be to happy either. i think something big needs to happen with this team or its going to be a long season
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Ownership should do something. losing this season would set them back again. They shouldn't squander the opportunity to be a respectable team for once. Coach has lost control or never had it.they have to many 4 minute a shift kids on that team. It would be nice to have a good team in town for once.
ohaguru

Post by ohaguru »

Your coach is finding it hard to deal with the demands of certain players. Pre season it was believed that some were not returning. Did they return with some strings attached ie: icetime guarantees?? And tbh I have seen the 4 minute shifts........ they are not the only team that has major turnover year to year from this
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Then the players are running the team. In that scenario- losing is the only outcome. Coach and ownership should get a grip.
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Looks like they had another rough one. I missed this one but would like to hear some reviews.
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

Good win over Lasalle- hopefully they keep it up...
STINGER

Post by STINGER »

The apples didn't fall too far from the tree. I realize that the interim coaches were just assistances, but ownership should have someone that knows something about the game of hockey.