Fort Erie making moves

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Fort Erie making moves

Post by Caledonia Fan »

The Meteors sign defenceman Troy Henley.

http://www.forterietimes.ca/2015/10/26/ ... w-teammate

The Meteors have also acquired Manny Manns from the Falcons. I was surprised by this trade. I like Manny Manns he can play defence or forward.
10pts. in 10 games not bad, this is a top 6 player numbers.This is a great move by the Meteors. He's a veteran with good leadership skills for that young team.
BeenThereDoneThat

Re: Fort Erie making moves

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

To move a guy like this, the Falcons could be making room for further additions. :?: :?:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Manns, wow. I heard about Henley, both will be huge additions for the Meteor's. If they find a solid goalie, they will be a real contender with Hubbert behind the bench.

These two players alone will show big time in their future games. They're arguably the hardest working team in the GOJHL.

Nice to see the Mets doing well. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Or the Falcons did Manns a favour, and moved him to a squad that can give him the minutes he's capable of, be a go to guy, and be closer to home.

Falcons are deep in bodies, and 'should' be able to continue with success without Manns, while maintaining some of their younger players for the next season or two.

Also, could be final part of the deal that got the Falcons Jack Webb. (Not suggesting that's an even trade, but could have been part of the deal)
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

just curious how Caledonia Fan knows Manns has good leadership skills?
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:just curious how Caledonia Fan knows Manns has good leadership skills?
Great question...
BeenThereDoneThat

Tony Passero and Mark Sauder are continuously trying to improve the product in Ft.Erie, even with the limited support they receive. Tony should be given full credit for never giving up on this franchise. Tony's like old man winter, they keep trying to shovel him away but he keeps coming back, stronger each time. He has his doubters on this forum but Tony has a lot of friends amongst the Horseshoe owners.

The coach has done ok behind the bench but would do better with a little more patience with the younger players. With the addition of these two new players I think the Meteors will finish ahead of Pelham, Thorold and maybe even Niagara Falls. Ft.Erie will be a team that could pull a big upset off in the first round of the play-offs. :D :D
BeenThereDoneThat

Caledonia Fan sure does seem to know a lot about the Falcon players. Hmmmmm. Could he be the voice of two on this forum. :smt014 ?? LOL
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Caledonia Fan sure does seem to know a lot about the Falcon players. Hmmmmm. Could he be the voice of two on this forum. :smt014 ?? LOL
He's posted a whole lot more information on this forum the last few years than anyone who's knocking him. He links stories about teams from all three conferences.

As for how he'd know Manns is a leader, he saw him against Caledonia how many times last season??? Leadership isn't that hard to notice on the ice. :idea:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:As for how he'd know Manns is a leader, he saw him against Caledonia how many times last season??? Leadership isn't that hard to notice on the ice. :idea:
THAT being said...how exactly would you define his leadership on the ice? 15 points in 12 games, good enough for 2nd on the team. Solid numbers for sure. But I'm not aware of him being a leader on the bench or in the room.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:As for how he'd know Manns is a leader, he saw him against Caledonia how many times last season??? Leadership isn't that hard to notice on the ice. :idea:
THAT being said...how exactly would you define his leadership on the ice? 15 points in 12 games, good enough for 2nd on the team. Solid numbers for sure. But I'm not aware of him being a leader on the bench or in the room.
Well I'd assume he's somewhat of a leader in the room. The coach always had nothing but great things to say about him last season.

I don't know/care if he's a leader personally. I just found it amusing how a person who only comments here & there, takes a swipe at another person who's promoted this league over the last 2-3 years. He/she always posts very informative threads and comments, with links to news stories.

I'm not sure why BeenThereDoneThat has an issue with this person, the post about multiple accounts looked like a personal jab toward Caledonia Fan.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:I don't know/care if he's a leader personally. I just found it amusing how a person who only comments here & there, takes a swipe at another person who's promoted this league over the last 2-3 years. He/she always posts very informative threads and comments, with links to news stories.

I'm not sure why BeenThereDoneThat has an issue with this person, the post about multiple accounts looked like a personal jab toward Caledonia Fan.
That's out of my realm. I'm just here for good hockey conversation. :D
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:
StCathFalcons wrote:
Well I'd assume he's somewhat of a leader in the room. The coach always had nothing but great things to say about him last season.

I don't know/care if he's a leader personally. I just found it amusing how a person who only comments here & there, takes a swipe at another person who's promoted this league over the last 2-3 years. He/she always posts very informative threads and comments, with links to news stories.

Thanks Port I appreciate that. I try not to play there games I hope most people understand.