Falcons Signed This Guy

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Falcons Signed This Guy

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Don't know why the Falcons would take a chance on this guy.
What happens if they find him guilty on Oct 27.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1268 ... caine-char
StCathFalcons

Re: Falcons Signed This Guy

Post by StCathFalcons »

May have to deal with that if that day comes. But he's a kid who made a mistake. If we condemned everyone for the mistakes they made as a youth (big or small), society would be a quiet, soulless place.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Mistakes are made, but we all have to pay for them. The Falcons signing this kid is more than just a black eye to their organization.

This is supposed to be a family event, something you bring the kids to. It's also a league teens dream about playing in. What kind of message did they send their fans? What kind of message did they just give to young teens?

They just said it's alright to go get drunk & high on blow, get caught driving...And it will all be swept under the rug.

There's been recent drunk driving and drug abuse issues in the NHL. Signing a kid accused of the above, unbelievable. Sure, the kid should be able to redeem himself in life with a lot of hard work. But playing competitive hockey isn't an entitlement, it's something you earn.

Bad grades, you risk losing your spot on a team. But get drunk & high, and drive, all is forgotten? Terrible hockey move.

I have lost all respect for that organization. :smt030 :smt009
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

I had heard that Caledonia was talking to him abit ago, but heard they didn't want to take the risk on his past. Best of luck to the kid, hope his eyes have opened and he's changed his ways.
jax

Post by jax »

Yes we all hope the kid learns from his wrong doings. It's important there are strong people in his life that care and build him up rather than beat him down for making mistakes. It's his choice to turn the corner make right choices and better decisions. I am not a professional on the issue by any means! I am quite sure he is not the only kid to do what he has done, he got caught. Make no mistake this is a problem on most teams. Hope ghirny can help....good for him.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Caledonia Fan, what was the purpose of posting this story ? Was it to embarrass him or the Falcon Organization ? He made a bad mistake and will pay for his poor judgment. Good for St.Catharines to give him an opportunity to get his life straightened out. Or would you and the other prosecutor on this subject prefer to see him locked up for a year or so.
Just had another thought, are you related to Justin Bieber's father ? :smt119
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

"I have lost all respect for that organization."

Get off your high horse, Port hockey. You're unbelievable. Amazing how your fat mouth was shut for almost an entire week after St. Catharines beat Caledonia Friday night and yet you come on here swinging on Caledonia's nutsack any time they sign a new OHLer or Matt Hore gets an 8 point night against a bottom team.

Countless players have found rehabilitation through playing the game and being given a chance. I'd imagine the Falcons would have done their due diligence with this player before deciding whether or not to sign him. If you think for one second that there aren't active Corvairs players who get themselves into trouble, think again. Doesn't make it right, but he got caught and he's more than paid/paying for happened - that much I can guarantee you.

For anyone on here persecuting the young man who made a mistake is a hypocrite. You should be ashamed and embarrassed for coming on here to smear campaign. If anything, I applaud the Falcons for giving this boy a chance to redeem himself and provide him with a safe environment to rehabilitate and be in a good situation without distraction.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cheers to those who are reasonable. One would have to assume, the homework was done on this lad. Conversations had with those close to him, do get a better understanding of the type of person he is, other than this one flaw (major or otherwise). Well said re rehabilitation, therapy if you will, in doing what you love (playing hockey) and getting a second chance.

And who is to say he isn't doing above and beyond things to make his inner self well? Do not judge.

Koodo's to the Falcons. For giving a young human being, possibly a purpose. Maybe helping him understand life goes on after we make mistakes. As long as lessons are learned, and we become better for it.

One must trust that the Falcons would do the right thing if the lad cannot remain focused, but hope that this becomes a great success story no matter how well the Falcons do. THIS is all about a young man trying to move on, and become a better person.

But I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if the success story was he turned his life around AND helped the Falcons win. ;-)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Here's more information on Brandon Vuic.
2011-2012 played 33 games for Stoney Creek
2012-2013 played 11 games for Fort Erie with the Webb brothers now they all play for St Catharines.

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/mee ... andon-vuic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:"I have lost all respect for that organization."

Get off your high horse, Port hockey. You're unbelievable. Amazing how your fat mouth was shut for almost an entire week after St. Catharines beat Caledonia Friday night and yet you come on here swinging on Caledonia's nutsack any time they sign a new OHLer or Matt Hore gets an 8 point night against a bottom team.

Countless players have found rehabilitation through playing the game and being given a chance. I'd imagine the Falcons would have done their due diligence with this player before deciding whether or not to sign him. If you think for one second that there aren't active Corvairs players who get themselves into trouble, think again. Doesn't make it right, but he got caught and he's more than paid/paying for happened - that much I can guarantee you.

For anyone on here persecuting the young man who made a mistake is a hypocrite. You should be ashamed and embarrassed for coming on here to smear campaign. If anything, I applaud the Falcons for giving this boy a chance to redeem himself and provide him with a safe environment to rehabilitate and be in a good situation without distraction.
You get off your high horse! Don't like my post, reply with points or shut your own fat mouth. What was there to say? It was a great hockey game and the Falcons won.

As for the player they just signed. I've always had the same stance in these situations. I don't care if it's Welland, Chatham Caledonia etc. The point is signing kids with pasts like that sends the wrong message.

I'm against it, period. I didn't respond to the other posts because they're all entitled to their opinions. But you felt the need to call me out, and for what? Having an opinion that I'm entitled to?!

Get over yourself. People need to be held accountable for their actions. I'm sick of hearing about the poor person who decided to get loaded and drive, he needs to live with it! Again, I've lost all respect for that organization.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:The point is signing kids with pasts like that sends the wrong message.

People need to be held accountable for their actions. I'm sick of hearing about the poor person who decided to get loaded and drive, he needs to live with it! Again, I've lost all respect for that organization.
I hear what you're saying...and really, anyone calling another name in this forum is rather childish. And I'm speaking about both sides of the street here.

But in this day and age of understanding, rehabilitation, health and wellness...I don't think it's sending the wrong msg. He needs to be held accountable. I don't think any organization would condone his actions, including St Catharines. But is society suppose to write everyone off, who has made a terribly poor decision? I don't think that's the answer.

But, it's your opinion. You're right. No one needs to agree with it, but they will need to accept it.
Last edited by StCathFalcons on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

I remember a young kid from Hawaii who once admitted to cocaine use, Americans now refer to him as President.

Thankful this thread gave you a reason to return PH, you went dark since Friday's Falcons victory or Caledonia, was afraid something had happened to you.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:I remember a young kid from Hawaii who once admitted to cocaine use, Americans now refer to him as President.

Thankful this thread gave you a reason to return PH, you went dark since Friday's Falcons victory or Caledonia, was afraid something had happened to you.
Oh look, the classless idiot who makes jokes about the family of a kid who recently passed. I see you decided to come back, over a Month into the season.

Guess what...You will be talking to yourself once again. I could care less what some basement troll has to say. Why you're even allowed to continue posting here is a very good question.

But I guess when people like Kenny run forums, it's a free for all. :P
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Port hockey1 wrote:Guess what...You will be talking to yourself once again.
That statement would/could be true if you didn't respond to him.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Guess what...You will be talking to yourself once again.
That statement would/could be true if you didn't respond to him.

Wow, I had to respond to make the statement. Why did you even chime in? You get upset when people talk about you on here, yet here you are instigating once again.

You are your own worst enemy. :lol:
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

that's not going to change Port haha don't even try
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm not instigating you. But you continuously post saying that you're not going to respond, but then you always do, so your 'threat' is just idle.

And I've never said that I don't get sucked into it either, I do, even when I try not to, but I have learned to just ignore things.

But I also feel compelled to respond when you're making snide remarks about how this forum is run.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ref

Post by ref »

This Guy Scored 2 goals tonight in a 7-0 win against Thorold.
Great job and keep up the good work.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm not instigating you. But you continuously post saying that you're not going to respond, but then you always do, so your 'threat' is just idle.

And I've never said that I don't get sucked into it either, I do, even when I try not to, but I have learned to just ignore things.

But I also feel compelled to respond when you're making snide remarks about how this forum is run.
Good for you. :smt023 :smt038
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

ref wrote:This Guy Scored 2 goals tonight in a 7-0 win against Thorold.
Great job and keep up the good work.
Kid reminds me of Johnson Andrews. Big, strong, skilled, fierce. Big league wrist shot that was a threat from every angle.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Now he's guilty, but it's a conditional discharge and if he completes probation, it'll be like it never happened.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1319 ... ng-cocaine

Former Moosehead Vuic gets conditional discharge for possessing cocaine

A former member of the Halifax Mooseheads hockey team has pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of cocaine.

Brandon Vuic entered the plea Tuesday when he appeared in Dartmouth provincial court with his new lawyer, Lyle Howe.

Judge Alanna Murphy gave Vuic a conditional discharge, meaning he won’t have a criminal record if he completes a year’s probation without complications.

Vuic, 20, was arrested on Oct. 7, 2014, after the vehicle he was driving struck a parked car on Freshwater Trail in Dartmouth. After the crash, residents of the street saw Vuic drop a baggie on a lawn.

The bag contained one-half gram of cocaine, Crown attorney Eric Taylor told the court Tuesday.

The Crown did not oppose Howe’s request for a conditional discharge for Vuic, who has an address in St. Catharines, Ont.

Howe said his client is still playing hockey and a criminal conviction could prevent him from getting into the United States.

While on probation, Vuic must abstain from consumption of illegal drugs and take part in any counselling deemed necessary by his probation officer.

Vuic did not say anything to the court before he was sentenced.

The young man still faces charges of impaired driving and having a blood alcohol reading above the legal limit of 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood in connection with the crash.

At the request of the defence, the trial on those charges was adjourned until April.

Vuic, a native of Waterdown, Ont., played 11/2 seasons with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League club before getting cut at training camp this year.

In 69 regular-season games with the Mooseheads, the six-foot-four winger had five goals, three assists and 175 penalty minutes. In 24 playoff games, he had two goals and 44 penalty minutes.
Queen of the GOJHL

BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Good luck kid. Let this be a life lesson for you. Stay clean. :smt006 :smt006
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

That's some legal system we have. :roll: :smt030
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

yeah port hockey because god forbid the legal system provide a 20 year old with an opportunity to move on without having a mistake he made when he was 19. he harmed no one but himself, hopefully learned his lesson and now has a chance at redemption.
yes what a system indeed.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:yeah port hockey because god forbid the legal system provide a 20 year old with an opportunity to move on without having a mistake he made when he was 19. he harmed no one but himself, hopefully learned his lesson and now has a chance at redemption.
yes what a system indeed.
If you think our system is good, a system that slaps drunk drivers on the wrists, a system that sets druggies free repeatedly, a system that grants bail with conditions to perverts...Well, I guess we disagree.

A person crashes drunk, lets give him another chance? Sure, after his punishment has been served! He got caught once...That doesn't mean it was his first time. And where's the punishment that will make him think twice about driving drunk again? There is no accountability with the Canadian court system. :smt031

When a drunk driver kills a member of your family, then you can say give him a second chance!!!! That's the problem with our courts, nobody cares until they, or a member of their family is the one dead or in CCU.

This kids career should be over, he should feel lucky that he wasn't jailed. Just my opinion.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Does this whole Country drive drunk?!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I still can't believe St Catharines sign this guy.Of all the guys looking for a shot out there.There's got to be better prospects.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=49076

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?s=brand ... mit=Search
jax

Post by jax »

Not sure this kid is endearing himself to the falcons? Can't seem to keep his mouth shut. Few two minute misconducts abuse is officials..
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

I'm wondering if we should do some homework on every team...coach, owners, managers and players....and start throwing the sh@t and lets see what sticks. Those two post from Caledoniafan...pathetic....very credible new articles. Pretty sad when someone can put an article together like that, and dress down the kid. I guess the article writer forgot that Vuic may pursue hockey in the states after Jr.B, where that conviction could still hurt him. Not condoning his actions, but he's moving on.

He didn't have to plea guilty (with conditional sentence). He could have chose to fight the charge, and drag a trial through the court system and cost tax payers ridiculous amounts of money.

As I see it, he held himself accountable, and plead guilty. If he breaches terms in the next year, the deal is gone and conviction shows on his record.

Be sure when you're tossing those stones....you, or your team, or your owners, don't live in glass houses.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:I still can't believe St Catharines sign this guy.Of all the guys looking for a shot out there.There's got to be better prospects.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=49076

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?s=brand ... mit=Search
Great story on the link. Very well written. Our legal system is pathetic, as is any organization that employs him! :smt030

Well done Falcons, a player who's guilty of cocaine possession & who is awaiting charges for drunk driving.

What a message to send to kids all over the Garden City. Clap, clap, clap, clap. :smt023 :smt083