Crazy Night In The West

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

Crazy Night In The West

Post by Caledonia Fan »

No Penalties is Pointstreak right no Penalties Sarnia and Strathroy
Leamington and LaSalle looks like Caledonia and Welland last week.
Crazy night in the wild west tonight. I love to here some details.
flyers2011

Re: Crazy Night In The West

Post by flyers2011 »

crazy night in Leamington, I think the bad blood between Renaud and the Leamington staff took front and center. He was awful along with his side kick desantis. Not one to complain about the reffing but it was brutal. Both goalies were solid in the nets was quite the atmosphere and game. one of the best rivalaries in the GOJHL. Also wishing Coach Piroski a speedy recovery the boys need there coach behind that bench.
End of a era in Leamington
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The match in Sarnia was indeed a penalty free game.

As for Penalty-free games - only 2 ever in GOJHL history; 4 total in the West Conference.

GOJHL Penalty Free Games:
Chatham Maroons vs Leamington Flyers Feb. 18, 2010
Strathroy Rockets vs Sarnia Legionnaires Oct. 15, 2015

West Conference Penalty Free Games:
Sarnia Blast vs St. Thomas Stars Nov. 30, 2003
London Nationals vs Leamington Flyers Feb. 3, 1994
Chatham Maroons vs Leamington Flyers Feb. 18, 2010
Strathroy Rockets vs Sarnia Legionnaires Oct. 15, 2015
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I never thought I'd see the day when Strathroy and Sarnia went penalty-free. I've seen games where they need 2 game sheets for all the penalties. Unless they've changed it, I believe you get an award or something from the OHA for having a penalty-free game.

Anderson and Vink could have called a lot both ways, especially in the last few minutes of the game, but for some reason they let them play.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I too was rather surprised that the Sarnia-Strathroy game was penalty free considering the past between these two teams :D
I saw a few things that should have been called and was a bit curious as to whether it would lead to a huge blow-up sometime in the game. Fortunately nothing came of the few scrums and some words were exchanged between players and if I recall being told correctly, there was a bit of conversation between one Sarnia player and a ref.
Regardless of who is reffing, all I ask is that it be called (or not called) the same for both teams.

RG -- didn't get to see you to chat but I did hear your bell and saw where you were sitting. Always good to have fans who are supportive for their teams, just don't enjoy the "fan-atics".
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I saw you up in the box too. I was doing a profile in the first period, not sure when it will get written up and posted, but it was a great interview and one I think people will enjoy. I've been feeling a bit burnt out lately with all the previews I have to do, and how much time I spend writing them, so I've been lacking on the profiles.

Last week I was beside Vandervaart's cheering section, so this week I was prepared to try and out cheer them, but they weren't in my section.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Any hints on who you interviewed? ;)
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic