Corvairs Captain

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Corvairs Captain

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/59473 ... y-history/

Todd Ratchford should be the Captain of the Corvairs.I have no problem with Matt Hore as a Assistance Captain. He was there last year.
Connor Patton, Jake Brown and Ryan Moran should be the next in line for Assistance Captains.
You should reward your players who have been in your organization for years. I don't know if management or the players picked the Captain and Assistance Captains but I think years with the organization should count.

"it's hard to imagine this team losing during the regular season"

This is a pretty gutsy thing to say. Caledonia heaven play any of the top teams in the division yet.
St Catharines, Welland and Ancaster and it's a long season.
GojhlFan74

Re: Corvairs Captain

Post by GojhlFan74 »

There's always stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we don't see. Maybe that has affected Ratchford and Patton losing there A's. But I agree with rewarding your loyal players. Seguin seems like a guy who will go threw the wall for one of his teammates, and OHL veteran presence, doesn't seem like a bad choice either!
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

I don't think the number of years a guy has been there should make them the best choice for A's and the C. There are guys with OHL experience that may be better suited for those roles. At the end of the day it must be guys the coach is comfortable with that should be the leaders.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

By your logic Caledonia Fan, that's how you end up with a guy that's named Captain, but the real Captain is somebody else, who may not even have a letter at all.

Your Captain should be a guy that inspires you, commands respect in the dressing room, and can rally the troops when you need to be lifted. He shouldn't get the C, or A's, because he's got seniority on the team.

Here's something I wrote last year on What is a Captain?

http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2014 ... a-captain/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

RocketGirl wrote:By your logic Caledonia Fan, that's how you end up with a guy that's named Captain, but the real Captain is somebody else, who may not even have a letter at all.

Your Captain should be a guy that inspires you, commands respect in the dressing room, and can rally the troops when you need to be lifted. He shouldn't get the C, or A's, because he's got seniority on the team.

Here's something I wrote last year on What is a Captain?

http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2014 ... a-captain/
That's exactly why Todd Ratchford should me Captain!
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

it's an honour to be named captain, not a right. The focus of the players should be on winning. At the end of the day it's a coaches decision.
bluenose

Post by bluenose »

Todd is a leader with or without a letter 8) :smt023
shawn_w_smith

Post by shawn_w_smith »

Just so we're clear, the full quote is:

"The Corvairs are 9-0 to start their season and unless they have a down game, it’s hard to imagine this team losing during the regular season."
bluenose

Post by bluenose »

If anyone saw the game against Welland , Sinclair gets run and Ratchford is there too stick up for his goalie. This is what a C does. I've seen him do this a few times last year when a teammate took a dirty hit. This kid should have the respect of his team and organization now. Great FIGHT !!!!!
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

bluenose wrote:If anyone saw the game against Welland , Sinclair gets run and Ratchford is there too stick up for his goalie. This is what a C does. I've seen him do this a few times last year when a teammate took a dirty hit. This kid should have the respect of his team and organization now. Great FIGHT !!!!!
Was a great fight yep. Anybody should be doing this though closest guy not just the captain.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I thought Ratchford was a good choice. But I don't know the kids or what goes on in the dressing room. But what I do know is he's been there for a few years now and has at least a pair of Sutherland Cup rings. From what I've seen, he's a team player too.

Hore or Brown would've been good choices as well. They both lead by example with a hard work ethic on the ice.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102