Maroons + Nationals

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

Maroons + Nationals

Post by Caledonia Fan »

First meeting since Nationals beat out the Maroons. Sounds like it was a great game.
Interesting news on Barbeau and Johnston. News on a few injured players. Maroons dressing only 19 players.
There's been a few teams this year so far with short benches. Example Guelph Hurricanes of the mid west,that might have cost them a few wins.

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2015/10/ ... -nationals
Port hockey1

Re: Maroons + Nationals

Post by Port hockey1 »

Kid plays one game and bolts...Wow.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You shouldn't judge the kid because he decided to go home. We don't know the circumstances, but maybe he didn't fit in with the Maroons, or he was homesick, being 18 and all, and felt it was best to just go home.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I've seen a lot of kids go home because they are homesick, both at this level and from my time in the OHL. I recall a boy from our league leaving a NCAA Division I scholarship and going home because he was homesick.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:You shouldn't judge the kid because he decided to go home. We don't know the circumstances, but maybe he didn't fit in with the Maroons, or he was homesick, being 18 and all, and felt it was best to just go home.
Where did I judge? I just said wow... Many kids in this league get, and are home sick. I don't see them all taking off after a game or 2.

Home sick or not that made the kid look bad. I could care less, but from a business standpoint it doesn't look good on Chatham or the kid.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I agree Port it doesn't look good leaving after a couple games, too bad he didn't give it a few more games to see.
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I didn't specifically say you were judging him Port, I meant generally speaking, let's not judge the kid. We don't know the circumstances behind his decision.

And hey, it's better that he's done it now rather than in December or January after the deadline. We've had that happen in Strathroy, where a kid decided on January 11 or 12 that he doesn't want to be here anymore.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I didn't specifically say you were judging him Port, I meant generally speaking, let's not judge the kid. We don't know the circumstances behind his decision.

And hey, it's better that he's done it now rather than in December or January after the deadline. We've had that happen in Strathroy, where a kid decided on January 11 or 12 that he doesn't want to be here anymore.
I agree, happy he handled it like an adult. For whatever reason he wanted to go back home. At least he said something right away instead of trying to play it out for a while.

At the same time though, I was kind of shocked to see him go so fast.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

I am not sure what the actual date is but we are approaching that day on the calendar when 20 year olds that want to play Jr C as 21 year olds have to get on a C roster. I can see a few on the lower end teams wanting a trade to a contender or going to C for a crack at a championship before their junior careers end. .
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.