Legionnaires vs Predators

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

Legionnaires vs Predators

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Sounds like a great game. Interesting comments by the Predators coach. Refs letting stuff go ,team making adjustments, goal on net off, two goals didn't count net off .I haven't see any nets coming off on goals this year yet.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2015/10/01/sa ... -predators
Blades

Re: Legionnaires vs Predators

Post by Blades »

I can understand how the Pred's coach was a bit upset because twice when they thought they had scored, the goal was waved off. If I recall correctly, both times it was because the net had come off due to players crashing the net and bowling over the goalies. In the case of the Preds, the refs lost sight of the puck and the play whistled dead before the puck went over the goal line. At least that's how it appeared to me. The one for Sarnia was called a good goal because the net didn't come off til after the puck went over the goal line and he had not lost sight of the puck. There were plenty of times where there was a pile-up in the creases of both goaltenders.

It was a very entertaining game, at least to me. You could see that both teams had come to play. The Preds likely were hoping for a repeat of the first game between the two clubs. The Legionnaires were just as determined that the outcome was going to be different -- even without a couple of their top players.

One thing I didn't know was that there is a rule which states that a goaltender is NOT to touch the puck once he crosses the blue line on his way to the bench. Unfortunately that is exactly what took place late in the third by the Pred's goaltender. In addition, there were too many men on the ice when the goalie played the puck. I'm not sure of the rule for such -- maybe Admin or RG know?

Regardless of where these two teams are in the standings, they pretty much always provide an entertaining game. Both goalies made some really great stops but there was at least one by Sarnia's Battler that I thought was almost spectacular. It kept the game tied.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RecKing

Re: Legionnaires vs Predators

Post by RecKing »

Yes, a goaltender cannot touch the puck beyond the red line. Rule 37 (e) states: If a goaltender intentionally participates in the play in any manner when beyond the centre red line, he/she will be assessed a Minor penalty.