London Game

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

London Game

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Rogers TV Sports + Playing is showing the LaSalle at London game tonight. On my Rogers cable ( Caledonia ) it's channel 368 7:30 start.
If you have Rogers check out your area.
GoWest

Re: London Game

Post by GoWest »

Caledonia Fan, I know people with Rogers in Mississauga who would love to watch. Any idea what the channel is there?
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Web site says digital cable customers can now watch local sports around the province.
On digital - 368 and 369 HD. No additional charge. So try 368 or 369 at 7:30
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Quick question, since we're talking about games being broadcast, has anyone actually subscribed to Fasthockey?

I heard over the weekend that the older arenas, such as the WMMA in Strathroy and Sarnia Arena, are having a hard time getting wired up for the service.

I just wondered if anyone's signed up for the service and watched some games.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I haven't subscribed yet. I too was waiting for some feedback. The WMMC in Strathroy had internet installed a few years ago but it is only wifi and not fast enough for this service. We are waiting for the town to install the proper speed. I was to get a call when it is in so I can go down and test it out, but no call yet. When we were at the Vollmer in LaSalle I was told since their cameras are at the middle of the rink and the press box in the corner with the fasthockey computer they had to pay $800 to run lines get things set up. There is a $100 fine per game for not broadcasting a game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I won't subscribe to anything as long as we still have pointstreak problems. For what they're asking for a subscription, it better be perfect service.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

ArcPro does the FastHockey for the Corvairs. I was talking to the owner of ArcPro and he was telling me there's a lot of difference in quality.
There's no H.D. or commentary at a lot of the games.You can try it for a month and see want you think.I think you can get a day pass but not sure.
I also would like more information.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I'm afraid that most teams are going to have a kid with a camera on a tripod following the puck up and down the ice with no zoom and no play-by-play. That's a pretty boring way to watch a hockey game. Depending on their distance from the ice it might look like a bunch of ants chasing a black dot. If you have ever seen any of the DVDs given to the visiting teams in the past, they were very poor quality. Most camera operators had problems keeping up with the play. With the new fasthockey system, home teams will no longer be required to supply the visiting team with a copy of the game before they leave the rink. On the positive side, every fight, major penalty and controversial play that had been censored for view by the league will now be visible for all to see. It will be interesting what will happen once we have our first controversial play (such as the Justin Thomas - Tanner Ferguson incident a few years ago). Will the league have enough power to have the game deleted or that play removed? As the camera operator for that incident I was instructed by the league to not post the play, however I could post the rest of the game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote: It will be interesting what will happen once we have our first controversial play (such as the Justin Thomas - Tanner Ferguson incident a few years ago). Will the league have enough power to have the game deleted or that play removed? As the camera operator for that incident I was instructed by the league to not post the play, however I could post the rest of the game.
That's like going into damage control. Trying to act like a serious incident didn't happen, kind of makes you wonder what else the league has tried to cover up in the past.

I give a lot of credit to those who film the games. It cant be easy having to view the game through that small screen. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

The Gretzky Center in Brantford doesn't allow the 99'ers to use the internet. Not sure how that will work...
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Its so expensive because there is so many leagues on there that you can watch not just the GOJHL. It is the first year the league has decided to do this and I think most teams are really unprepared for this. I would assume it will get better in the future and hopefully every team is up and running eventually. I have access to the GOJHL on fast hockey and I have watched a few games. The quality is not great yep but its not all that bad.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Now I've been told that Leamington has paid upwards of $3000 to get the system running in their rink. Costs will vary from team to team. Some clubs will be lucky because the city will put the line in for them. I have also been told (not sure if it is true) that Rogers owns fasthockey. Because of that you must have Rogers in your rink as it won't run off Bell. I'm not familiar with all this internet stuff so I don't know if that makes sense or not.
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

C-Fan, thanks for the heads up on the TV broadcast of the London game. I'm told by my friends in Mississauga that they got it on channel 368.

Any idea if this will be weekly?
Blades

Post by Blades »

Heard that Sarnia was going with FastHockey beginning tonight and that they would be switching their internet carrier to Cogeco. Don't know any other details but am looking forward to hearing how it went tonight.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Another London game on Rodgers channel 368 7:30 against Lambton Shores Wednesday