Matthew Hore has 8 point game

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Matthew Hore has 8 point game

Post by Port hockey1 »

I think that sets a new GOJHL record for points in a game.(Caledonia 12 Fort Erie 1)

Caledonia led 7-0 after the 1st period...What a game! :smt103
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Re: Matthew Hore has 8 point game

Post by RocketGirl »

Most Points One Game (One Player): 8 Davis Boyer Sarnia Legionnaires vs Thorold Blackhawks Oct. 11, 2014
Austin Wright (Niagara Falls Canucks) vs Pelham Pirates Sept. 19, 2014; Matthew Hore Caledonia Corvairs vs Pelham Pirates
Oct. 17. 2014; Tyler Morrison St. catharines Falcons vs Pekham Pirates Nov. 18, 2014

Nope, he's tied his own record, as well as Davis Boyer, Austin Wright, and Tyler Morrison. If somebody gets to 9, then they'll set the new record.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

It was hard to watch this game.It was 20 year olds playing against 16 and 17 year olds.
I don't know all the rules on 16 year olds . I thought they change the rule this year on 16 year olds. You have two cards and can't trade them away.
Fort Erie had 4 16 year olds in there line up. I also thought if you have a 16 year old in your line you have to play him if he's not hurt.
There is some good news for Fort Erie here they had a good second period out shot Caledonia 15 -10 and each team traded goals.
Fort Erie never gave up one pp goal.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x383ci ... 8-15_sport
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Fort erie got a couple more cards in trades thats why they have so many 16 yr olds.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

But aren't teams only allowed to have two? I thought the league put a stop to trading 16 year old cards?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:But aren't teams only allowed to have two? I thought the league put a stop to trading 16 year old cards?
I thought the same thing, and know more trading the cards.
jax

Post by jax »

I believe a 16 year old has to play between at least 3to 5 shifts minimum a period and a goalie needs to start at least 25-30% of the games but must be the backup.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

jax wrote:I believe a 16 year old has to play between at least 3to 5 shifts minimum a period and a goalie needs to start at least 25-30% of the games but must be the backup.
That can't be right, Kitchener has a goalie listed as a '99 and he's already 6-0 with a GAA under 2.
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

this thread is a perfect example of the imbeciles who post on here.

first you've got porthockey acting like he's the dave hodge of gojhl hockey. port - first you post in another thread how pawley had 7 and it was a record even though you had no clue. and that he has another year left. and he doesn't. and then someone corrects you that hore had 8. so naturally, you assume it's a record even though you have no clue.

then you've got jax speculating about 16 year old player rules. even though he has no clue.

you guys are beautiful. keep up the good work
jax

Post by jax »

Well than please correct us? I said I believe ....not a hockey mind as you I guess? That is what I read last year in the rule book. No need to be like that! Maybe more people would chat but afraid of saying something wrong.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

http://www.ohahockey.ca/files/uploaded_ ... sion_2.pdf

This is from the OHA website about 16 year old averaging and the rules associated with 16 year old players.

It is imperative that 16 year olds registered with any junior team regardless of category, play a
regular shift with their team.

There is a recognition that 16 year olds may not be in a position to play a regular shift within the first ten games of the season.

The OHA recognizes a regular shift as five, but not less than three shifts per period, based on 5 on 5 play.

A 16 year old playing less than the above, is not developing, and will be returned to midget.

For goaltenders, 16 year olds should be playing at least 20% to 25% of regular season games.

The OHA will implement a report system based on random visits to monitor the use of 16 year olds with member teams. Priority on visits will be given to teams who have registered more than the allotment prescribed by the Canadian Development Policy.

A 16 year old cannot be a healthy scratch within a junior team’s line up.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:this thread is a perfect example of the imbeciles who post on here.

first you've got porthockey acting like he's the dave hodge of gojhl hockey. port - first you post in another thread how pawley had 7 and it was a record even though you had no clue. and that he has another year left. and he doesn't. and then someone corrects you that hore had 8. so naturally, you assume it's a record even though you have no clue.

then you've got jax speculating about 16 year old player rules. even though he has no clue.

you guys are beautiful. keep up the good work
I didn't realize you were perfect. Still early in the season, I had my senior year for players mixed up. Yes, I also forgot about the 8 point games. I've never claimed to be an expert of the GOJHL...But rocketgirl says she's the queen of the GOJHL, so maybe you would like to rant that way too while you're on a roll. :roll:

As for your post in general, that is exactly what's wrong with these forums...They are ruined by people like you, people who don't leave any useful information yet feel they have the right to rip a member of several years.

You sound like you're the one who in fact has no clue. Contribute to the discussion or get lost, ya little punk. :mrgreen: :smt006 :smt019
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

jax wrote:Well than please correct us? I said I believe ....not a hockey mind as you I guess? That is what I read last year in the rule book. No need to be like that! Maybe more people would chat but afraid of saying something wrong.
Well said jax. I don't know all the rules to the letter either. I just thought I'd mention Kitchener's goalie when I noticed his age and numbers. Amazing numbers from a kid that young.

And thank you RG for your post.
jax

Post by jax »

Yes thank you RG for posting the 16 yr old rules,almost exactly as I stated and got called clueless....lol
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

RocketGirl wrote:http://www.ohahockey.ca/files/uploaded_ ... sion_2.pdf

This is from the OHA website about 16 year old averaging and the rules associated with 16 year old players.

It is imperative that 16 year olds registered with any junior team regardless of category, play a
regular shift with their team.

There is a recognition that 16 year olds may not be in a position to play a regular shift within the first ten games of the season.

The OHA recognizes a regular shift as five, but not less than three shifts per period, based on 5 on 5 play.

A 16 year old playing less than the above, is not developing, and will be returned to midget.

For goaltenders, 16 year olds should be playing at least 20% to 25% of regular season games.

The OHA will implement a report system based on random visits to monitor the use of 16 year olds with member teams. Priority on visits will be given to teams who have registered more than the allotment prescribed by the Canadian Development Policy.

A 16 year old cannot be a healthy scratch within a junior team’s line up.
I said on here a few times of the 16 year old changes. These articles say that a 16 year-old cards can't be traded. And teams can only sign two 16 year-old players. There some teams with more than two 16 year-olds. Fort Erie has 4 and Brantford has 5. Maybe you can find out more RocketGirl.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/5 ... kins-prez/

http://www.cksn.ca/2015/03/new-carding- ... mpetition/

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2015/03/ ... re-coaches
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I can't find it, but I know I had read a post on the OHA site that said the OHF had cancelled the 16 year old averaging program, ie. trading of cards, but that contradicts the link I posted earlier, which is on the OHA website.

The only thing I can think is that the cards that have been traded this year, are from last year's agreements. The OHA has agreed to honour those trades, but no cards are to be traded this season, for next year.
Queen of the GOJHL