New OHA President

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

New OHA President

Post by RocketGirl »

http://www.oha.pointstreaksites.com/vie ... ews_325303

CAMBRIDGE, ON - We are pleased to announce the hiring of Karen Phibbs as President of the Ontario Hockey Association.

Karen brings more than 35 years of hockey experience having an extensive hockey background from working in Minor Hockey to serving as a Director and Past Chair of the OHA and comes to us from Hockey Canada where she was serving her 2nd term as a Director.

Karen brings integrity and credibility as well as a wealth of hockey knowledge to her new position. Her extensive background from Minor Hockey to the highest level of hockey in this country will serve her and the OHA as she assumes her new duties as President of this great Association not to mention that she did assist as Interim President through the transition period between Brent Ladds and Scott Farley.

Please join me in welcoming Karen in her role as President and I thank you for your continued support of this great Association.
Sent on behalf of the Board of Directors.

I've always viewed the OHA as an 'old boys club', so as a female, I think is is amazing news!
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Re: New OHA President

Post by Marcie »

A lovely giant step forward for the OHA. Karen will do a terrific job.