Fort Erie Meteors on Building Young Team

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Fort Erie Meteors on Building Young Team

Post by Caledonia Fan »

How did the Meteors get four 16 year old's cards?
When your only suppose to have two this year. Your not suppose to be able to trade your 16 year old cards.
This is a new rule, for this year. I could be wrong maybe it's next year, but I thought this was one of the new rules this year.
The young guys did look good for them in N.F. but these are pre-season games.
I don't see them finishing higher then 7th for the fourth year in a row.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015 ... namic-team
jax

Re: Fort Erie Meteors on Building Young Team

Post by jax »

Each team had two 97 cards, they may aquire another in a trade with a willing team that is willing to trade one. Such as st catharines or caladonia . They have no room for such a youngster in there roster being such powerhouses.
jax

Post by jax »

If not? I beleave they may use it to acquire a player? Possibly worth 2000$.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I've always been a fan of coach Hubbert. Some don't like his coaching methods, saying he's too hard on the kids etc. But he gets results year after year. His reputation is well known around the Shoe, so if you don't like his style, don't let your son suit up for him!

Last season the Met's had a 5-6 win team together. Hubbert got nothing less than 110% from what he had. Great results considering the situation too. I'm not a fan of Met's management, but with Hubbert behind the bench I can't help but pull for them. If they get a few snipers, couple solid defensemen & a hot goalie...I wouldn't want to face them in the post-season. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

The ability to trade cards should give more opportunities for 16 years to continue to develop, however some clubs still claim to have more cards than they actually do. I was speaking with the parents of a 99 player this year who was told by several western conference teams that they had 3. Same thing happened last year with the 98s. In my opinion the GOJHL needs find a way to convey the correct information to parents so they know which teams actually have space for 16 year olds, so good players don't continue to fall through the cracks in the Hockey Canada Development Model.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.