Buffalo Folds Again

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

GojhlFan74

Buffalo Folds Again

Post by GojhlFan74 »

It's official, Buffalo has folded again after the schedule has already been made. Some
Very pissed off GM's and owners. The GHC will now have to re do up our schedule. Please don't allow them back.
Caledonia Fan

Re: Buffalo Folds Again

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Frank Pietrangelo (N.F. COACH and GM ) AND Port hockey 1 was right on when they called this one.
We needed more commitment. Now they have to change the schedule and the showcase in London.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

They still have the web site up and the GOHL site have not metioned it
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Buffalo Regals GOJHL Pre- Season Skate August 9 did they fold after this no metion of it

As the team works toward finalizing it's roster another skate has been added to evaluate the roster and prospective players

Sunday, August 9, 2015

5:30 pm - 6:45 pm
Holiday Twin Rinks

3465 Broadway

Cheektowaga, NY 14227
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Just happened yesterday... Something about not having the correct form filled out or some
BS excuse.. Too bad!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Are you talking about the OHA entry application? If that's true, that they filled it our incorrectly, or the wrong form, why would the OHA let the league proceed with making a schedule?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Welland twitter page says Buffalo is taking another leave of absence.
There will be some tweaks to the 2015-2016 schedule. No word on the showcase schedule.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'm shocked! :roll: :P

How long until Pelham follows? :lol:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Welland twitter page says Buffalo is taking another leave of absence.
There will be some tweaks to the 2015-2016 schedule. No word on the showcase schedule.
This is pathetic, they should be done for good. What kind of league is this?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Its a USA Hockey Regulation that they missed or something. They had a roster of over 20 guys ready to go. Pelham I think might shock some people this year I do not believe they will be following suit anytime soon.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I have found more information and, in my opinion, the Regals have no one to blame but themselves.

http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2015 ... lo-regals/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Nice. This organization should be done.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

I completely agree. For the betterment of the league a stable 27th franchise needs to be found. I would suggest relocating this franchise next season. Dorchester would be a great choice. They have the facility and fan base. Have them play in the Western Conference, shift St Mary's to the Midwest and Brantford to the Golden Horseshoe. Problem solved.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Oglethorp wrote:I completely agree. For the betterment of the league a stable 27th franchise needs to be found. I would suggest relocating this franchise next season. Dorchester would be a great choice. They have the facility and fan base. Have them play in the Western Conference, shift St Mary's to the Midwest and Brantford to the Golden Horseshoe. Problem solved.
But what would St.Marys say about that? I like the idea though.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I don't think St. Marys would be the issue. From what I understand, they used to be part of the Midwest league back before I was even thought of. Personally, I think the issue would be with the Shoe. They didn't want Caledonia, because it's too far of a drive, how do you think they'll feel about Brantford.

With that said, it is a good idea though. There was talk back on the old old Shoe board about bringing up a Niagara C team to be a B team. What are the possibilities of that happening? I'm thinking slim to nil, because big fish in the small pond don't want to become a small fish in a big pond.
Queen of the GOJHL

GoWest

Post by GoWest »

IMHO the league should be going the other way, looking to pare down the Mid-West and West instead of adding to the Shoe.

If they have any future hopes of a Jr A classification, they need less and better franchises.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Better run franchises would go along way. The OJHL pared down and all it did was become a more expensive place to play. They still have teams that draw more interest than others because of how they are operated. This year Brantford is shaking things up to try to be more competitive, I am not sure that St Marys is doing anything more that what was done in the past, waiting to see what shakes loose from London and other places then form a team. Some jr C teams are always powerhouses for a reason, Dorchester, Essex and more recently Exeter come to mind. There are C teams well stocked with players that could or have played very successfully play at a higher levels but have chosen to play C for a reason. In some cases it is work or school demands but other times it has to do with being tied to a poorly run organization. Players coming in know or should know that once you sign a card with a team they own your rights at that level for your career so you need to choose wisely. Development history with the coach, how many players successfully move on to higher leagues or NCAA, and conversely how many below 20 leave between seasons to play jr C instead, the proximity to college and university are just some important factors that players need to consider when choosing to accept an offer.

Buffalo is unique in that you don't know from one season to the next if you have a place to play or not. I think for this reason alone the league needs to move in a direction to replace the franchise with one that will likely be operated professionally.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

RocketGirl wrote:I don't think St. Marys would be the issue. From what I understand, they used to be part of the Midwest league back before I was even thought of. Personally, I think the issue would be with the Shoe. They didn't want Caledonia, because it's too far of a drive, how do you think they'll feel about Brantford.

With that said, it is a good idea though. There was talk back on the old old Shoe board about bringing up a Niagara C team to be a B team. What are the possibilities of that happening? I'm thinking slim to nil, because big fish in the small pond don't want to become a small fish in a big pond.
I don't know were you got the idea Shoe didn't want Caledonia because of travel. Ancaster is about the same drive maybe longer for some teams.
Remember Caledonia played JR B hockey in the 70's from 1973-1979. Played 6 years in the Golden Horseshoe.
Here's the reason take it as you see it want Caledonia went through.
http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2013/0 ... e-corvairs

Here's some history of the Caledonia Corvairs . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caledonia ... 80%932012)

The Niagara River Hawks JR C play out of the Gale Centre same as the Canucks There's know way any of the teams in the NJCHL will move.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I got the idea from someone who was a board member of a Shoe team who told me that there was a team that didn't want Caledonia in and had voted to oust Buffalo and Ancaster because they didn't want the travel costs.

That's where that comment comes from.

It's pretty common knowledge that the Shoe doesn't like to travel. I've heard rumblings that they are upset with the Showcase being in London because that means they have to rent buses to get here.
Queen of the GOJHL

15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

From what I've heard thru the yrs is that Caledonia was voted against 4-3 but still got in
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

RocketGirl wrote:I got the idea from someone who was a board member of a Shoe team who told me that there was a team that didn't want Caledonia in and had voted to oust Buffalo and Ancaster because they didn't want the travel costs.

It's pretty common knowledge that the Shoe doesn't like to travel. I've heard rumblings that they are upset with the Showcase being in London because that means they have to rent buses to get here.
If that's the case, why are they a thing at this point? Running a hockey team is expensive, especially a Junior A or B team. This all comes with the territory.

This kind of crap brings the GOJHL down, IMO.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I got the idea from someone who was a board member of a Shoe team who told me that there was a team that didn't want Caledonia in and had voted to oust Buffalo and Ancaster because they didn't want the travel costs.

One team... Big deal, can't make everyone happy. The Shoe teams should consider themselves very lucky. I believe they have the least traveling to do out of the three divisions by a long shot. But like most things in life, when you catch a break, you start to expect it over time.