New Season

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

RocketGirl

New Season

Post by RocketGirl »

I know that most team training camps aren't for another few weeks, but I'm just wondering, how does everyone feel about the upcoming season? How do you think your team is going to do? Who are the favourites? Who are going to be the surprises? Who's going to flop?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Re: New Season

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia will do everything at all costs; they can to 3 peat.They lost a lot of talent but Caledonia staff is very good at judging players and getting them to work as a team.I think this is the key to work as a team. Very impressed with LaSalle in there playoff run last year.
Favorites - Caledonia and St Catharines, are my two favorites. Can't wait for them to battle it out.
St Catharines will do everything at all costs to try to stop Caledonia from 3 peat.
Surprises - Caledonia and St Catharines; if they don't finish 1 and 2 that will be a big surprise.
Buffalo and Pelham will fight it out for 8 and 9,if one of these teams finish higher that will be a big surprise.
As for the rest of the group, it will come down to goal tending. In fact the whole surprise thing is base on goal tending.
Flop - The team that doesn't do anything to try to better their team. Last year it was Welland they were the best team in the Shoe; at the start of the year.
But they never kept up with Caledonia, St Catharines and Ancaster who all tweaked there rosters all season long.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Pelham will finish last, that's a promise. :smt003 :smt069
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia
St Catharines
Ancaster
Welland
Niagara Falls
Thorold
Pelham
Fort Erie

My prediction
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

I can't see it being much different at the top. Caledonia will run away with first. I hope St Catherine's retools, but I think the rest of the league will be average at best. I really miss the Vairs in the mid west, every game was a battle.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Vairs61 wrote:I can't see it being much different at the top. Caledonia will run away with first. I hope St Catherine's retools, but I think the rest of the league will be average at best. I really miss the Vairs in the mid west, every game was a battle.
I don't think Caledonia will run away with it; if St Catharines as anything to do with it.
Lets look at there history so far.
- As Brantford loss to St Catharines in Sutherland Cup final.
- Regular season 13 games CAL. 9 WINS St Kitts - 4 wins.
- 2014 the too many imports scandal costed St Kitts first place( Caledonia gets first)
- 2014 playoffs Caledonia wins 4 games to one. But St Catharines gets wildcard.
- 2014 Sutherland Cup Caledonia defeats St Catharines in 7 games for the Sutherland Cup. One game went double OT and a triple OT.What a series.
- 2015 playoffs Caledonia won 4 games to one, three OT games two were in double OT.
All this in two years.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Always a good battle when the two teams play. St. Catherines is very well coached and work hard every shift. Just see the regular season being similar to last year with the Vairs running away with it. The post season is a different game. I just hope some of the other teams take a step forward and not backwards to make the season more enjoyable. Can't wait to get thing underway.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Vairs61 wrote:Always a good battle when the two teams play. St. Catherines is very well coached and work hard every shift. Just see the regular season being similar to last year with the Vairs running away with it. The post season is a different game. I just hope some of the other teams take a step forward and not backwards to make the season more enjoyable. Can't wait to get thing underway.
What ever happen to the powerhouse Niagara Falls Canucks 5,6 4 the last 3 years. The same with the Thorold Blackhawks 7, 4, 5 the last 3 years.
They sound more like Fort Erie; all this development talk and know talk of winning and championships.These two teams used to me the toast of the GHL.
You can still develop players and stay competitive.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
Vairs61 wrote:Always a good battle when the two teams play. St. Catherines is very well coached and work hard every shift. Just see the regular season being similar to last year with the Vairs running away with it. The post season is a different game. I just hope some of the other teams take a step forward and not backwards to make the season more enjoyable. Can't wait to get thing underway.
What ever happen to the powerhouse Niagara Falls Canucks 5,6 4 the last 3 years. The same with the Thorold Blackhawks 7, 4, 5 the last 3 years.
They sound more like Fort Erie; all this development talk and know talk of winning and championships.These two teams used to me the toast of the GHL.
You can still develop players and stay competitive.
Niagara Falls was sold last year. Thorold underwent big changes recently too.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102