Caledonia Corvairs back to back Sutherland Cup champions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Caledonia Corvairs back to back Sutherland Cup champions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia won their second consecutive Sutherland Cup tonight. They edged LaSalle 4-3 to win the finals in 6 games.

LaSalle had a dream season, they should be very proud of what they accomplished. I think they were the only team to actually out-shoot Caledonia a few times.

Both teams will have a strong core once again next season. Congrats to the best Jr.B team in Ontario, you did it boys! 8) :D :smt003 :smt019 :smt020
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Re: Caledonia Corvairs back to back Sutherland Cup champions

Post by Marcie »

Well said Port. A very entertaining series. Most of us were thrilled to watch the series live on YouTube. Special thanks to Caledonia and their sponsors for providing that service. I'm still hoping to see my club win their first, can't imagine the jubilation to win two in a row. No one has ever won three in a row, perhaps that record will fall next year too. Nice to see a very high level of sportsmanship in the series by both clubs.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

excellent series. Congrats to both the Vairs and Vipers on a great series. You know its a big game when the queen actually makes it to lasalle. Hopefully Murray the ref is ok, he got taken out of the arena on a stretcher. Took a bad cut in the 2nd period from a skate blade.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:Well said Port. A very entertaining series. Most of us were thrilled to watch the series live on YouTube. Special thanks to Caledonia and their sponsors for providing that service. I'm still hoping to see my club win their first, can't imagine the jubilation to win two in a row. No one has ever won three in a row, perhaps that record will fall next year too. Nice to see a very high level of sportsmanship in the series by both clubs.
To be fair, I'm still waiting for my club(Welland) to win one. It was the first time a team I've followed this long has accomplished anything like this though. Very happy for them, but hoping it's Welland's turn next season. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Yes, I decided to grace you with my presence last night because you know, I only show up for the important games. *eye roll* It was a weekend game, and as I've said before, it's hard for me to make it to LaSalle, on time, during the week. Of 6 games in this series, I did see 4 of them.

With that said, congrats to Caledonia on their 2nd Cup. They are the first GOJHL back-to-back champions. The last back-to-back champs was Cambridge in 06 & 07 before we became the GOJHL.

Congrats to LaSalle too. They did something that no other team has done this entire season. They beat Caledonia twice on their home ice. I feel they gave the Corvairs a great run, better than any other team did this year, in my opinion of course.

It was a great series to watch, it's been a great season, but it's now baseball season and I'm out! See y'all later.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Leamington and Lasalle both had great runs this playoff year. Flyers have a championship to show for there season that's the only difference. But congrats to both those teams and as I said to the Vairs for being back to back Champs. Looks like lots of turmoil in rocket land, heard the president quit ? hopefully who ever comes in or any changes they make can atleast guide them to win a playoff game next season :D Have a great summer everyone
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Don't you worry about my boys, we'll be just fine next season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Well hopefully they manage to win a playoff game this time. I know my Flyers will be just fine and im sure the Vipers will be too :D