LaSalle takes game 1

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

LaSalle takes game 1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LaSalle shocked Caledonia with a 4-2 win tonight. They lead the best of seven Sutherland Cup finals 1-0. It was a 3-2 game with a empty-net goal putting the game away.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Blades

Re: LaSalle takes game 1

Post by Blades »

So what was up with pointstreak cause it still does not show a final score. Last I saw was a score of 3-2 and under 5 minutes to go.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

This was a fantastic game to watch. Of course, I was cheering for LaSalle and I talked to someone from the Shoe and they didn't think it a good game.

LaSalle kept up with Caledonia the entire game. They outplayed them for 2 periods.

And it was great seeing that LaSalle had another fan bus for this game.

We'll see what tomorrow night's game brings.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

LaSalle certainly outworked them. They had a lot more jump in their step than Caledonia. The Corvairs may have been guilty of reading their press clippings. A lot of folks felt that the "finals" were really the semi with Leamington and that once the Flyers were disposed of the real finals would just be a formality. If that was the case we will see a much different Corvair team in game 2. The Corvairs will have to deal with a Viper team that goes to the net harder than any team in the West. They cause a lot of chaos in front of the goal. Who knows? This might be the only game that the Vipers win and the Corvair cakewalk will commence in game 2. This is what makes hockey so exciting, and often unpredictable. Just enjoy the spectacle.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Good for the Vipers, Walking into Caledonia and stealing the opener is Huge. I am sure Caledonia took Lasalle lightly and thought this will be a cake walk. Will be interesting to see how things turn out Friday night.
End of a era in Leamington
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

Saw the game and I think that's the worst hockey I have seen Caledonia play . Lasalle was definitely prepared and played a heck of a hockey game .
They made Caledonia look pretty darned vulnerable and can easily be up 2-0 If the Vair's don't pull up their socks. The Vipers definitely believe in themselves and they are back home with momentum .Be interesting to see which Caledonia team shows up .
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

Saw the game too and full credit to the Vipers for putting the Vairs completely out of their game. The Viper defense was awesome. The forwards forechecked relentlessly and clogged up the middle of the ice completely throwing off the Vairs passing game. In their defensive zone The Vipers kept the Vairs to the outside and they could rarely find any open ice in the slot or around the net, and when they did, Battisti was always there to make the save. By the third period the Corvairs were quite frustrated and left their strong positional game to start running after pucks, two or three at a time, and when the puck came loose there were only Vipers there to pick it up. The Vipers actually kept the puck in the Caledonia zone better than any team in the playoffs and all-in-all probably had more good scoring chances. A well deserved win!