Where have all the former posters gone?

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Beehive

Where have all the former posters gone?

Post by Beehive »

I remember tagging along with this forum about seven or eight years ago after the administrator of the Peach King forum decided to lock out anyone that was not a Grimsby fan from their forum. As I recall there were some pretty colourful posters back then such as jdisher, tool, queenscowboy, dogpound, gunnerstahl, guru, pettione, three blind mice, groulxisright and the ultimate Niagara Falls Canucks follower fishfan51. From what I can see the only remaining poster seems to be zantimisfit and the occasional visit from rocketgirl. Just wondering whatever happened to them.
zantimisfit

Re: Where have all the former posters gone?

Post by zantimisfit »

Ah yes, the good old days on the Jr. B hockey forum. Funny, intelligent and engaging posting went on all the time.....and then Port Hockey came along.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I would guess that part of the problem is that the Shoe fans don't know this board is here. None of them liked the one that was over on the GOJHL blog, so I had it brought over here, but if they don't know to come here, then they can't show up and give their opinions.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:Ah yes, the good old days on the Jr. B hockey forum. Funny, intelligent and engaging posting went on all the time.....and then Port Hockey came along.
lol, glad I'm in your head Zant...Btw: That isn't healthy. :P :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote:I remember tagging along with this forum about seven or eight years ago after the administrator of the Peach King forum decided to lock out anyone that was not a Grimsby fan from their forum. As I recall there were some pretty colourful posters back then such as jdisher, tool, queenscowboy, dogpound, gunnerstahl, guru, pettione, three blind mice, groulxisright and the ultimate Niagara Falls Canucks follower fishfan51. From what I can see the only remaining poster seems to be zantimisfit and the occasional visit from rocketgirl. Just wondering whatever happened to them.
It took some time, but word is starting to spread about this forum. I've noticed that it really picked up in the playoffs with several new members.

I've advertised the new forum on the local papers from time to time, and will continue to. It's all about word of mouth, we'll get some of the old members back, some new ones too.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Great stuff! Hopefully the word reaches most of them and the forum returns to the glory days. By the way, the top dogs back then were the Canucks. Are they still owned and operated by the Mastertons?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote: By the way, the top dogs back then were the Canucks. Are they still owned and operated by the Mastertons?
The Canucks used to bring in a lethal offense every year. The Masterson's sold the team to former NHL goalie Frank Pietrangelo in the off-season last year.
fishfan5151

Post by fishfan5151 »

Beehive wrote:I remember tagging along with this forum about seven or eight years ago after the administrator of the Peach King forum decided to lock out anyone that was not a Grimsby fan from their forum. As I recall there were some pretty colourful posters back then such as jdisher, tool, queenscowboy, dogpound, gunnerstahl, guru, pettione, three blind mice, groulxisright and the ultimate Niagara Falls Canucks follower fishfan51. From what I can see the only remaining poster seems to be zantimisfit and the occasional visit from rocketgirl. Just wondering whatever happened to them.
Once the IceDogs moved to Niagara I became a season ticket holder there. (As I was when Niagara Falls had the Thunder). In between OHL franchises (Flyers, Thunder, IceDogs) being in the region is when I would follow the Canucks and the GHL. I love junior hockey more than the pros. Whether it be jr.b or the OHL, I'd root for my local team.

I still go to a Canucks game or two every year. Usually, when the Dogs are on a long roadie or to a playoff game. I can't believe how far the mighty Canucks have fallen. Certainly not the glory days of old.

I recently stumbled across this forum. I'll read it from now on, but probably won't post as I have no idea what's happening in the league other than looking at the standings.
jax

Post by jax »

hey I'm new to this forum have been reading this forum often but never piped up. Watch 50-60 Jr b games a season. Looking forward to some good knowledgeable hockey conversions! :)