Injury riddled Falcons advance.....

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

goalie34

Injury riddled Falcons advance.....

Post by goalie34 »

:D

.....unless Lasalle comes back and wins the next three straight, the St Catharines Falcons will again be the wildcard team. Don't know the severity of the injuries but hopefully some of the guys will be back. Just too many AP's this time of year.

(added ....... to show thread title carries into thread)Happy now :smt009
Last edited by goalie34 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Port hockey1

Re: Injury riddled Falcons advance.

Post by Port hockey1 »

Misleading headline, actually, it was a lie.

Falcons likely will advance...But don't underestimate LaSalle either. I'm pretty sure they've out-shot the Flyers in every game in this series. You never know.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Funny you say you always root for the shoe first, but yet you are rooting for a LaSalle comeback so the Falcons wouldn't advance.

I believe you were saying an Elmira, Caledonia would be the best series in years.

Guess that was a lie too. :smt023
three dog night

Re: Injury riddled Falcons advance.....

Post by three dog night »

Tough loss in double overtime for the Falcons with all those players out no way Lasalle will win thee straight games against Leamington. or the fix is in.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

three dog night wrote:Tough loss in double overtime for the Falcons with all those players out no way Lasalle will win thee straight games against Leamington. or the fix is in.
That's interesting. You're right though, the whole reason they dropped the round robin was because the top team could potentially fix the result of the final game to their liking. Now they are in the same place again. But it is quite different in reality. In this case it's 3 games. not 1. Also you have a conference title on the line. Doubt that will happen.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

goalie34 wrote:
three dog night wrote: no way Lasalle will win thee straight games against Leamington. or the fix is in.
In this case it's 3 games. not 1.
Whoa Whoa Whoa boys......LaSalle only needs to win the next game, not three games, to get at least the wildcard spot. If they lose tomorrow night in Leamington, the Falcons get the wildcard spot since LaSalle can't catch them in goal average. The did it last year against Chatham and they can do it again tomorrow night. Go Flyers Go!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Funny you say you always root for the shoe first, but yet you are rooting for a LaSalle comeback so the Falcons wouldn't advance.

I believe you were saying an Elmira, Caledonia would be the best series in years.

Only in your mind. :lol: Caledonia is the best team in the Province...Elmira is a great team, would like to see them meet.

And Caledonia is in the Golden Horseshoe...So, yes, I will be cheering for the Corvairs.

You know I don't like the Falcons and they'd be my last resort as a Shoe team...So not sure why you posted...Never mind, yes I am. :smt082
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

three dog night wrote:Tough loss in double overtime for the Falcons with all those players out no way Lasalle will win thee straight games against Leamington. or the fix is in.
Oops, looks like LaSalle only needs one win, my mistake.

goalie34 wrote:
In this case it's 3 games. not 1. Also you have a conference title on the line. Doubt that will happen.
Whoops, my bad...Yours too. LaSalle only needs to win 1 game to advance, eliminating the Falcons. :smt003 :shock:

Could really see Leamington tossing that game. 8) :lol: :smt006
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I doubt Leamington wil toss the game they want to win the championship on home ice.
hockeyfan65

Post by hockeyfan65 »

So I have heard 2 stories on the criteria to make the show.
1: winning percentage in playoffs.
2: point system the same as regular season.
Either way LaSalle has to win at least 1 game if they go by points they need 2 wins.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hockeyfan65 wrote:So I have heard 2 stories on the criteria to make the show.
1: winning percentage in playoffs.
2: point system the same as regular season.
Either way LaSalle has to win at least 1 game if they go by points they need 2 wins.
They need 1 win. Winning percentage matters, there is no points in the playoffs, if two teams have the same winning percentage it goes by goal differential.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Bill from the Standard says they only need one win but pointstreak gives credit for OT loses. So one of these is clearly wrong.

As an example of pointstreak,
Niagara Falls 4 0 2 2 2 .250 15 20 104 129 .116 100 .833 0-2-0 0-0-2
Pelham 4 0 4 0 0 .000 2 43 124 55 .036 225 .840 0-2-0 0-2-0
Both teams lost 4 straight, but Niagara Falls show a .250 percentage. So that's were the logic of the 3 loses came from. Don't claim to know which is right, only know only one, Bill or pointstreak can be right.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
goalie34 wrote:Funny you say you always root for the shoe first, but yet you are rooting for a LaSalle comeback so the Falcons wouldn't advance.

Only in your mind. :lol: Caledonia is the best team in the Province...Elmira is a great team, would like to see them meet.

And Caledonia is in the Golden Horseshoe...So, yes, I will be cheering for the Corvairs.

You know I don't like the Falcons and they'd be my last resort as a Shoe team...So not sure why you posted...Never mind, yes I am. :smt082

OK you never said,
Re: Falcons Edge Corvairs in Double OT - by Bill Protrecz
Postby Port hockey1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Just throwing this out there. Two years ago I cheered the Falcons on as they won the Sutherland Cup. I always cheer for our conference. They haven't won many so its pretty special when we do.

I like to see the best shot from our conference go to the finals. The last two years I've felt it was Caledonia. The year before I felt it was the Falcons(after they made it there).

I've come to like Caledonia as a team and organization. Welland will always be my priority though.
3rd year running, voted most hated on the Golden Horseshoe forum, the smartest too. :mrgreen: :smt016 :smt033
You said, I always cheer for our conference. Guess you forgot that already.

I'm glad youre not cheering for the Falcons really, really hope you never do it again. They don't need/ want people like you to jump on the bandwagon last minute like you so proudly claim you did a couple of years ago.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote::D

.....unless Lasalle comes back and wins the next three straight, the St Catharines Falcons will again be the wildcard team. Don't know the severity of the injuries but hopefully some of the guys will be back. Just too many AP's this time of year.

(added ....... to show thread title carries into thread)Happy now :smt009
Oops, how sweet it is. Better go polish your golf clubs! :lol: :P :smt019 :smt026 :smt010
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:You said, I always cheer for our conference. Guess you forgot that already.

I'm glad youre not cheering for the Falcons really, really hope you never do it again. They don't need/ want people like you to jump on the bandwagon last minute like you so proudly claim you did a couple of years ago.
Already told you, I'm cheering for Caledonia. BTW: I doubt the Falcons wan't gutless people, that would make jokes involving a recently deceased players family as fans.

So much for you not coming back. Excuses, excuses, you're good at those.

And OT losses don't count in the playoffs. Just like a 10-minute misconduct isn't a power-play...But try telling pointstreak. :P

Falcons are done, feels great, reply with whatever you want. It's already been established that you're a cowardly troll. :lol: :smt006