Caledonia media member called Quilty's eye injury an accident.

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

goalie34

Caledonia media member called Quilty's eye injury an accident.

Post by goalie34 »

Screw it, this deserves it's own thread.

From a local Caledonia paper, an article about Matt Quilty being out with an eye injury.

http://www.tworowtimes.com/sports/hocke ... in-quilty/
They will be going into the Sutherland Cup without captain Matt Quilty, one of the main reasons the Corvairs got there. Quilty received a serious eye injury against St. Catharines with an accidental high stick that ended his season.
What's that? What's that? Jim Windle a noted member of the Caledonia community, someone who once laid a citizens arrest on Gary McHale during the Douglas Creek Estates affair, called it an accidental high stick?????

Now let's look up that word, "accidental". 1.- happening by chance, unintentionally, or unexpectedly.

Now let's look up "cheap shot". 1.-(in sports) a blow, shove, or tackle maliciously directed against an opponent who is defenseless or off guard.

Wow, those two seem very, very different. Guess it all comes down to who you're going to believe doesn't it?
zantimisfit

Re: Caledonia media member called Quilty's eye injury an accident.

Post by zantimisfit »

Well, I guess that ends that. I knew the Falcons were not guilty of any wrongdoing....but you know Port Hockey and Caledonia Fan will be saying "some Falcon stabbed Quilty in the eye on purpose with his stick".
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:Well, I guess that ends that. I knew the Falcons were not guilty of any wrongdoing....but you know Port Hockey and Caledonia Fan will be saying "some Falcon stabbed Quilty in the eye on purpose with his stick".
Well a lot of people that saw the incident have said it was intentional. This included Falcon fans, I had forgotten about the incident until I was reminded.

But lets say for the sake of argument that it was a accident
I knew the Falcons were not guilty of any wrongdoing....But you know Port Hockey and Caledonia fan will be saying "some Falcon stabbed Quilty in the eye on purpose with his stick".
Did you, :roll: If you did, probably would have said so before this thread.

Based on all the available information, could have been a accident, but I know there was fans from both sides that didn't think so.

Either way, Caledonia stays classy by not making anything out of it.(Not much to say when you can't tell)

The bushleague Falcons on the other hand, they send in a tape claiming that it shows their player "stomped on" by a Corvair.

Yep, you're right zant, if it was a accident there was no wrong doing this season. You know, since Blakely only delivered a straight-arm from the bench...That's all it was. :P

Since trying to cheat last season by dressing too many imports they've been good... But why send in a video with the intent of making a incident look like an attempt to decapitate a guys leg???...Once you go bushleague, I guess there's no turning back. :lol: :P

Hey Zant, maybe the Vairs will let you lift the Suthie over your head. :lol: :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Give it a rest. A accidental high stick and stepping on someone achilles are so completely different. Not that I'd expect you to see that though.

As for these fans from both teams, names please.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Give it a rest. A accidental high stick and stepping on someone achilles are so completely different. Not that I'd expect you to see that though.

As for these fans from both teams, names please.
hahaha, stepping and stomping are so completely different too. Not that I'd expect you to see that though. 8)

Different, whatever...Doesn't excuse it.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFRVpHu ... j1eLCXVCvw
Here' another video Falcons - Corvairs 3/28/15 Possible headbut ARCPRO
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Oh, and another deflection.

Anyone notice how Caledonia fan and Port Hockey never seem to be here at the same time? Yeah, me too.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Oh, and another deflection.

Anyone notice how Caledonia fan and Port Hockey never seem to be here at the same time? Yeah, me too.
I believe I answered...And if you're trying to say I post under other names on here... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think whatever you want. :smt004
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFRVpHu ... j1eLCXVCvw
Here' another video Falcons - Corvairs 3/28/15 Possible headbut ARCPRO
I'm sure we could find a lot of dirty stuff from both teams. I get your point completely though...If people are going to make things up...Like a kid having his leg "stomped" on...Why not start showing the other side of the coin too. Except, no need for either of us to make things up. Guess the Falcon fans are grasping at straws.

Brilliant. :)