Caledonia scores 3 straight, wins game 4 by a score of 4-3

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia scores 3 straight, wins game 4 by a score of 4-3

Post by Port hockey1 »

1-1 after the first period. Falcons score 45 seconds into the game, that looks to have sparked Caledonia as they out-shot the Falcons 18-3 in the period. Both teams had a single PP.

Shots were even at 13 a piece in the second period. Falcons showing some emotion with their season on the line and it showed with a goal. Only penalty was for interference from the bench on Cam Blakely, automatic
game misconduct came with the call. 2-1 Falcons after two.

Falcons take a 3-1 lead very early in the third. Caledonia has since fired off 3 straight goal and now leads 4-3 with several minutes left in the 3rd period. Shots are lopsided again, but mostly due to a strong first period by Caledonia.

Jon D"Ilario has been like a rock for the Falcons, great to see him playing with confidence after that early season concussion had him playing a little off.

4-3 Caledonia final. Shots were 43-26 Caledonia...Falcons played a very strong final two periods but Caledonia's ability to turn it on was just too much. Corvairs now lead the best of seven series 3-1.

Notes: This was a period by period update. The Falcons were missing 5 regulars tonight, Tyler Jackson, Connor Timmins, Tyler Hildebrandt, Nic Dozzi & Ben Csiernik. Not in the lineup for the Corvairs were Jordan Peacock, Justin Abraham & Jacob Buch.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia scores 3 straight, wins game 4 by a score of 4-3

Post by Port hockey1 »

A gutsy effort by the Falcons tonight. Missing 3 key forwards, a key young D, and their starting goalie. Could've just folded after a rough first period but they came out and gave it everything.

Congrats on a great game, deserved a better fate. I hope the Falcons coach can manage to not take a bunch of jabs at the Corvairs in his post game comments.

The comments he's made in this series have been classless and childish.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:A gutsy effort by the Falcons tonight. Missing 3 key forwards, a key young D, and their starting goalie. Could've just folded after a rough first period but they came out and gave it everything.

Congrats on a great game, deserved a better fate. I hope the Falcons coach can manage to not take a bunch of jabs at the Corvairs in his post game comments.

The expert has spoken.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:A gutsy effort by the Falcons tonight. Missing 3 key forwards, a key young D, and their starting goalie. Could've just folded after a rough first period but they came out and gave it everything.

The expert has spoken.
You disagree, or just using the "so are you" comeback? :smt003
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Well was going to put you're a fu***** idiot, but thought I'd be nice.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Well was going to put you're a fu***** idiot, but thought I'd be nice.
See, you're already finding a soft spot for me. :wink:
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Seriously do you ever just get tired of putting people down? Saying bad things about people, just being a complete douche in general?

Does putting others down somehow elevate you in some way? Does putting other people down somehow make you feel better about yourself?

Can't imagine how spending all that time focused on negative energy can be good for you. Whatever gets you through the day I guess.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Just got back from the game tonight and Port you're bang on with your description of the game.
You're right about St Catharines their team really pulled together tonight with all their injurys.
But Caledonia just kept coming.Another great game between the two teams.

The one thing I didn't like was when St Catharines went up 3-1 Frank Girhiny was yelling at Mike Bullard.
He had his hand in front of his face licking the palm of his hand yelling at Bullard. He was putting on quite a show.
This only seemed to pump up the Corvairs than they scored three straight goals. St Catharines had a chance to tie it with a penalty on Bramwell
but Caledonia killed it off.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Seriously do you ever just get tired of putting people down? Saying bad things about people, just being a complete douche in general?

Does putting others down somehow elevate you in some way? Does putting other people down somehow make you feel better about yourself?

Can't imagine how spending all that time focused on negative energy can be good for you. Whatever gets you through the day I guess.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This coming form the guy who has made personal comments about me relentlessly since joining the forum...That's rich.

I post my views on the games, I even admit to not liking the Falcons organization. I'm entitled to that. I don't hold any grudges towards their coaches or players(As I've stated repeatedly on here). But coach Frank has ruffled my feathers with some of his comments.

I have a right to my opinions just like everyone else. I mean, you joined this forum with the intention of trolling me. Now that you realize your personal attacks don't bother me one bit, you've clammed up and gotten defensive. You just said you were going to tell me to F-myself in your last post.

You are too much. Unbelievable that you of all people would ever complain about putting people down. :smt017 :smt104 :smt082
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Just got back from the game tonight and Port you're bang on with your description of the game.
You're right about St Catharines their team really pulled together tonight with all their injurys.
But Caledonia just kept coming.Another great game between the two teams.

The one thing I didn't like was when St Catharines went up 3-1 Frank Girhiny was yelling at Mike Bullard.
He had his hand in front of his face licking the palm of his hand yelling at Bullard. He was putting on quite a show.
This only seemed to pump up the Corvairs than they scored three straight goals. St Catharines had a chance to tie it with a penalty on Bramwell
but Caledonia killed it off.
Thanks. Glad real fans come on here and say it like it is. According to goalie34 my compliments were put-downs. :P

And you have Frank G. yelling at Bullard trying to taunt him. Classy thing to do when a guys dealing with a tragedy. :smt009

Well at least it fired the boys up. Feel bad for the Falcon players. At their age, they know their coach has made a spectacle out of himself in this series.

Too bad, a lot of great history in that organization, a lot of great history behind coach Frank too. I can see him yelling at Bullard. But just to taunt when up by a pair, c'mon.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

How about them referees you had last night? Interested to see what you guys thought of them. I didn't go to the game, went to Stratford, but I know what those guys are like and what kind of game they call.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

And jake Evans only played the first period with a knee injury proud of the way the boys have not quit
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

RocketGirl wrote:How about them referees you had last night? Interested to see what you guys thought of them.
Actually RG, I thought Thornton and Murray called an excellent game (probably the best I've seen all year). They let the boys play hockey and called what they should have, which gave both teams two powerplays each. Definitely better than the crap we're consistently seeing in the 'Shoe game in and game out. Maybe we just got lucky this time around.....lol.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I just wondered what you guys would think of Western refs. Would you have realized they were from the West and if they'd still be considered 'Beer League' refs.

Those ones can call a good game or they can call a terrible game. Didn't see very many penalties, so I figured it was a good game for them.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

RocketGirl wrote:I just wondered what you guys would think of Western refs.
Generally speaking, from past experience, the Western refs have been pretty bad. Nothing will top the worst officiated game I've ever witnessed in my life. The culprits......Foster and Wilson!!!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

zantimisfit wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:How about them referees you had last night? Interested to see what you guys thought of them.
Actually RG, I thought Thornton and Murray called an excellent game (probably the best I've seen all year). They let the boys play hockey and called what they should have, which gave both teams two powerplays each. Definitely better than the crap we're consistently seeing in the 'Shoe game in and game out. Maybe we just got lucky this time around.....lol.
I agree referees called a excellent game and it was a war out there, lots of big hits, elbows, slashing, great saves, back and forth action, pucks bouncing everywhere, even got stuck in the water on the ice at the start of the third.St Kitts had a chance to tie it in the third fans going crazy 'SHOOT THE PUCK"
CHECK IT OUT ON YOUTUBE ,but there's no announcer just video.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

zantimisfit wrote:Generally speaking, from past experience, the Western refs have been pretty bad. Nothing will top the worst officiated game I've ever witnessed in my life. The culprits......Foster and Wilson!!!
For the record, those aren't our refs.
Queen of the GOJHL

zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Thanks for the correction RG. Well then, I guess the worst refs I've ever seen came from the Mid-West. Absolutely brutal!!!
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
goalie34 wrote:be good for you. Whatever gets you through the day I guess.

This coming form the guy who has made personal comments about me relentlessly since joining the forum...That's rich.

I post my views on the games, I even admit to not liking the Falcons organization. I'm entitled to that. I don't hold any grudges towards their coaches or players(As I've stated repeatedly on here). But coach Frank has ruffled my feathers with some of his comments.

I have a right to my opinions just like everyone else. I mean, you joined this forum with the intention of trolling me. Now that you realize your personal attacks don't bother me one bit, you've clammed up and gotten defensive. You just said you were going to tell me to F-myself in your last post.

You are too much. Unbelievable that you of all people would ever complain about putting people down. :smt017 :smt104 :smt082
Thanks for not answering a single one of the questions. Keep enriching your life with the negativity.

You've hated me since the Tyler Norrie game thread, I get it, oh king of the jrb forum.
Last edited by goalie34 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I just wondered what you guys would think of Western refs. Would you have realized they were from the West and if they'd still be considered 'Beer League' refs.

Those ones can call a good game or they can call a terrible game. Didn't see very many penalties, so I figured it was a good game for them.
When I saw the names, I thought oh boy, but they did do a better job by the looks of things. Maybe just because they don't know the players as well as the ones in the West.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
goalie34 wrote:be good for you. Whatever gets you through the day I guess.

Thanks for not answering a single one of the questions. Keep enriching your life with the negativity.
Thanks for trying to a new strategy. No, there's your answer. You just proved my point, didn't even respond to my post. :wink:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34
You've hated me since the Tyler Norrie game thread, I get it, oh king of the jrb forum.
Why would I like you? Your first posts on this forum were insults directed at me. Respond to my posts, even disagree all the way...But when you start tossing insults in every post, what do you expect?

Hey, at least BeenThereDoneThat joined the forum to debate. First posts were challenges for me to prove my posts. I had no problem doing so, BTDT's negative comments towards me started to come gradually.

You just jumped down my throat, that is fine...just why add all the personal stuff?
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

LOL, the only reason I opened an account here was to reply to some stupid comments by an apparent newspaper columnist Steve Rice. But you seem to think everything is about you I guess. Click on my name, click on search users post, click to page three, look at oldest post if you need proof.

Only started conversing with you when you started at me for the Norrie family doubling attendance comments. Yeah, you can check that too.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie 34:

I reviewed your posting history. You started out with 3 good posts to the forum...Then you took a cheap-shot that was absolutely classless...
goalie34 wrote:
And his family members in the building doubled the home crowd......... :lol:
It was a night to celebrate a kids life that died far too soon. That comment was gutless, yes it still bothers me...Even more so now that the Corvairs have been hit with two more devastating tragedies this season. :smt012
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

We've been through this, the joke was about attendance not the family, even the admin here agreed with me. Get over it.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

You started being ignorant on that thread, spin it whatever way you want to, it is what it is.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:We've been through this, the joke was about attendance not the family, even the admin here agreed with me. Get over it.
That joke has been told over and over about their bad attendance. There was no need to bring that kids family into a punchline.

That is the point here. It was a classless comment to make. It wasn't the time or place.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Well that was my first time.......