Falcons blow 3 goal lead, win on questionable call in 2nd OT

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Falcons blow 3 goal lead, win on questionable call in 2nd OT

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Falcons stormed out scoring in the first minute of the game. They led 2-0 after the first. They were up 3-0 in the 2nd, then starting goalie Ben.C injured himself on a awkward save at the side of the net. Jon D'Ilario came in ice cold and played a great game. He gave up 3 straight goals, but he was also peppered with shots though.

He made some big saves keeping his team in the game. Kevin Entmaa was outstanding in OT, but a very questionable call led to the winner on the PP.

It was a trip, obvious infraction...Except the Falcons had gotten away with the same 3 times between the two OT periods. A brutal time to pull the whistle out...But I expect nothing less from our Beer League officials.

Shots were 65-36 for Caledonia. They now lead the best of seven series 2-1.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
hurricane73

Re: Falcons blow 3 goal lead, win on questionable call in 2nd OT

Post by hurricane73 »

As I was driving home from the game tonight I wondered what the `crybaby' would have to say about the game and how he would make up an excuse for Caledonia losing. Port did not let me down. It boggles my mind how he twists the facts to suit his biased view of the world. The `brutal' penalty call did not beat Caledonia, the Falcons did. The Falcons completely outplayed Caledonia in the overtimes and the `pro-fit' Corvairs looked very tired and vulnerable throughout. And the shots were not nearly as lopsided as reported. Probably every time the Corvairs hit the backboard with their `dump and chase' offence the scorer must give them a shot on goal. Just like they pick their game stars. It goes without saying that Port is a poor loser and goes to great effort to justify his distorted views of reality. Let's face it Port, if Caledonia is good how come they're having so much trouble with St. Catharines and didn't put them away in regulation, especially when they tied it in the second period. The actual game was great and could have gone either way. The Corvairs are a great team and if they win I will root for them in the semi-finals. If Caledonia loses, then Port you can find another team to provide your biased and completely ridiculous comments on. Have you ever seen a hockey game in person that you report on? I doubt it.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Well said Hurricane 73. its not only the St.Catharines fans that are tired of Ports ill informed comments, most of the rest of us feel the same towards him also. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:As I was driving home from the game tonight I wondered what the `crybaby' would have to say about the game and how he would make up an excuse for Caledonia losing. Port did not let me down. It boggles my mind how he twists the facts to suit his biased view of the world. The `brutal' penalty call did not beat Caledonia, the Falcons did. The Falcons completely outplayed Caledonia in the overtimes and the `pro-fit' Corvairs looked very tired and vulnerable throughout. And the shots were not nearly as lopsided as reported. Probably every time the Corvairs hit the backboard with their `dump and chase' offence the scorer must give them a shot on goal. Just like they pick their game stars. It goes without saying that Port is a poor loser and goes to great effort to justify his distorted views of reality. Let's face it Port, if Caledonia is good how come they're having so much trouble with St. Catharines and didn't put them away in regulation, especially when they tied it in the second period. The actual game was great and could have gone either way. The Corvairs are a great team and if they win I will root for them in the semi-finals. If Caledonia loses, then Port you can find another team to provide your biased and completely ridiculous comments on. Have you ever seen a hockey game in person that you report on? I doubt it.
I didn't make any excuse. Falcons were allowed to dominate early in the game. They earned it with a hard fought battle. Not going to debate with you.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:As I was driving home from the game tonight I wondered what the `crybaby' would have to say about the game and how he would make up an excuse for Caledonia losing. Port did not let me down. It boggles my mind how he twists the facts to suit his biased view of the world. The `brutal' penalty call did not beat Caledonia, the Falcons did. The Falcons completely outplayed Caledonia in the overtimes and the `pro-fit' Corvairs looked very tired and vulnerable throughout. And the shots were not nearly as lopsided as reported. Probably every time the Corvairs hit the backboard with their `dump and chase' offence the scorer must give them a shot on goal. Just like they pick their game stars. It goes without saying that Port is a poor loser and goes to great effort to justify his distorted views of reality. Let's face it Port, if Caledonia is good how come they're having so much trouble with St. Catharines and didn't put them away in regulation, especially when they tied it in the second period. The actual game was great and could have gone either way. The Corvairs are a great team and if they win I will root for them in the semi-finals. If Caledonia loses, then Port you can find another team to provide your biased and completely ridiculous comments on. Have you ever seen a hockey game in person that you report on? I doubt it.
Dump & chase... :lol: :smt082 Poor loser...you've made up every excuse in the book...But the things you say...Forslund not being suspended, dump and chase.

You're way out of your league. How many cups does that franchise have?? Yeah, think they know what they're doing. And you thinking of me on your way home...Yes, yes, yes!!! I'm in your head, as are the Vairs. :lol: :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hilarious, you're kidding, right? They've already had the loss of a well liked and respected volunteer on their minds...Now their coach has been absent for the entire series... And they've still dominated.

Excuses??? Your shots on goal comment...Priceless. Pot meet kettle. On second thought, I will continue to reply because its fun...Your comments... :smt044 :smt043 :smt043 :smt104 :smt103
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Well said Hurricane 73. its not only the St.Catharines fans that are tired of Ports ill informed comments, most of the rest of us feel the same towards him also. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
I get a lot of compliments on here...Fans of a few teams agreeing with my take. You're a Met's fan, its no secret. You're mad because you talked them up and Welland handed it to them.

Do you really think your comments bother me, I mean all you do is deflect...You tear my comments apart without a argument. Hilarious.
BeenThereDoneThat

Now that you mentioned Welland, how did they make out in their golf game yesterday? :smt058
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Pory Hockey1 wrote:
I didn't make any excuse. Falcons were allowed to dominate early in the game. They earned it with a hard fought battle. Not going to debate with you.
but then wrote,
Port Hockey1 wrote:
Dump & chase... :lol: :smt082 Poor loser...you've made up every excuse in the book...But the things you say...Forslund not being suspended, dump and chase.

You're way out of your league. How many cups does that franchise have?? Yeah, think they know what they're doing. And you thinking of me on your way home...Yes, yes, yes!!! I'm in your head, as are the Vairs. :lol: :lol:
and then wrote,
Port Hockey1 wrote:
Hilarious, you're kidding, right? They've already had the loss of a well liked and respected volunteer on their minds...Now their coach has been absent for the entire series... And they've still dominated.

Excuses??? Your shots on goal comment...Priceless. Pot meet kettle. On second thought, I will continue to reply because its fun...Your comments... :smt044 :smt043 :smt043 :smt104 :smt103
Schizophrenia is a bitch.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Another classic game from the Falcons and Corvairs.
Replay of the game on cable 14 today at 1 PM.
BeenThereDoneThat

Caledonia Fan, it was a great game. Both teams have talented players and both teams have plenty of heart. Very interesting to watch from a fans standpoint and both goalies (all 3)were outstanding. Nice to see a good crowd on hand. :smt038
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Now that you mentioned Welland, how did they make out in their golf game yesterday? :smt058
Better than Fort Erie. :wink:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:
Pory Hockey1 wrote:
but then wrote,
Port Hockey1 wrote:

and then wrote,
Port Hockey1 wrote:

Schizophrenia is a bitch.
lol, I clearly wrote that I changed my mind and will continue to debate...Keep grasping at those straws. :D
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Another classic game from the Falcons and Corvairs.
Replay of the game on cable 14 today at 1 PM.
Awesome, thanks for sharing. :)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I don't know if any buddy seen the game on channel 14 Rogers (local) Hamilton.
When Caledonia scores to make it 2-1 in the first and the goal called off because the net was off.
Channel 14 clearly shows the puck went in before Csiernik pushes the net off.
Csiernik push the net off not on a kick out from sliding across.
It also shows the ref. was late on the goal line call coming in to the play.
But this sounds like i't happening all over the league.
I was at the game but couldn't see it that well until I seen it on channel 14 .