Falcons, Corvairs headed to OT in game 1(Corvairs win 4-3)

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Falcons, Corvairs headed to OT in game 1(Corvairs win 4-3)

Post by Port hockey1 »

The score is tied 3-3 after regulation. Caledonia led 2-1 after the first, they controlled play for the better part of the period.

3-3 after the 2nd. 6 Caledonia penalties, 2 St.Catharines penalties. Both teams have gotten away with a fair amount...But as has been the case all season, The refs have had a itchy whistle with the Corvairs.

Falcons skated with Caledonia better in the third, Hore had a goal waved off due to it being kicked. Corvairs pressed late but the Falcon goalie was solid.

Falcons have a lethal PP, cant be in the box. Both teams are missing two players. Falcons are without clutch forward Dozzi, and D Miller. Both have mono.

Caledonia is missing top forward Peacock. A very big forward who creates space with his size.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Falcons, Corvairs headed to OT in game 1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia has scored in OT, they win game 1 by a score of 4-3 OT.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Falcons, Corvairs headed to OT in game 1(Corvairs win 4-3)

Post by Port hockey1 »

Jake Brown led Caledonia with 2 goals & a assist, he also scored the OT winner. Austin McEneny & Connor Bramwell scored the other Caledonia goals, Connor Patton had a big game with 3 assists.

Broderick Kelly, Brock Ackerman & Paolo De Sousa scored for the Falcons, who now trail the best of seven series 1-0.

Caledonia out-shot the Falcons 43-24, including 8-1 in OT.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia went with 11 forwards and 7 defencemen and it pay off tonight .
They kept the lines together and filled Peacock spot on Brown's line with other players. Tanev asst. on the first goal,Bramwell goal on the second,Delaurentis asst.on the the over time winner.Brown 2 goals and a asst. Patton 3 asst. Forslund 14 mins in penalties but they still had 6 defencemen. Good description of the game by Port.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Peacock being out is a big loss. They can absorb his loss with a very deep team though.

Hoping he makes it back this season...But I've heard it's unlikely.