Wildcard Team

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

zantimisfit

Re: Wildcard Team

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:Looks like Zant won't have much to say now.
Wrong once again, Mikey. I'll always be around posting when I feel like it. Unlike you, I'm a true hockey fan who actually attends the games, not a goofball who comes up with any reason under the sun for not going to games and jumps on the bandwagon of any team that is winning. I'll be going to watch games in Caledonia and Elmira. As for you, well you can stay home and follow it on your computer then post your stupid ramblings on here after the games.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2015 ... wild-card/

Quick little recap I came up with this morning about the Sutherland Cup seeding and Wild Card determination.
Very well written.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Looks like Zant won't have much to say now.
Wrong once again, Mikey. I'll always be around posting when I feel like it. Unlike you, I'm a true hockey fan who actually attends the games, not a goofball who comes up with any reason under the sun for not going to games and jumps on the bandwagon of any team that is winning. I'll be going to watch games in Caledonia and Elmira. As for you, well you can stay home and follow it on your computer then post your stupid ramblings on here after the games.
Bitter that your bushleaguers were defeated by the best, for the second straight year? :lol:

I've been clear with my favorites. Welland in the Shoe, Chatham in the West. I recently have become a Caledonia fan, after Welland.(that was for the record, twist it into whatever you want)

I have no other teams. I've clearly said I follow Elmira...Look the word up in a dictionary. I'm a real hockey fan, I follow many teams at many levels. I didn't blame the other team when Chatham was caught cheating either...Your team was beat fair and square by a better team, twice. Deal with it. :smt029

There's a golf store on Niagara St. in Welland if you need some new gear. :mrgreen: :smt005 :smt005 :smt006 :smt016
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

so with this new format the OHA has, this series basically means nothing between the Flyers and Vipers now, might be better off to lose this series since the winner gets Caledonia, is this what the OHA wanted with this stupid format ? it sucks for both the Flyers and Vipers, could be playing until May and not even have a banner to show for it.
End of a era in Leamington
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

flyers2011 wrote: it sucks for both the Flyers and Vipers, could be playing until May and not even have a banner to show for it.
Hey, they are still playing for the Bill Weir Cup and the Western conference championship banner....nothing wrong with that. My Auntie Em lives in Kansas...., I mean Leamington so since I have relatives that live there I'm hoping the Flyers end up as champs. As for playing Caledonia, the Bushleaguers are good but way over-rated and can definitely be beaten. If the Flyers can manage to avoid a situation where a bunch of their best players are out with injuries then they have as good a chance as anybody to beat the "so-called best team in Ontario" who are definitely the "luckiest" team in Ontario.Go Flyers Go!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

oh yeah for sure still playing for the League Banner, I mean the loser could possibly make it to the Sutherland cup finals and lose. That's a long time to be playing an having nothing to show for it. That's all I meant.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Question about the wild card, does the wild card team automatically get the 4th seed ? cause if lasalle won the west, the flyers would still have a better playoff record then lasalle. Just curious how that works.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:so with this new format the OHA has, this series basically means nothing between the Flyers and Vipers now, might be better off to lose this series since the winner gets Caledonia, is this what the OHA wanted with this stupid format ? it sucks for both the Flyers and Vipers, could be playing until May and not even have a banner to show for it.
I still think it's better than the round-robin.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

flyers2011 wrote:Question about the wild card, does the wild card team automatically get the 4th seed ?
Yes, the wildcard team automatically gets the fourth seed and can't play the winner from the same division in the semi-finals. By the way, If Lasalle won the West they would be 12-5 and they would have a better playoff record than Leamington at 11-6.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Not a big fan of the wildcard system although it seems necessary to balance the divisions. I wish that the old Central Ontario Junior B league would return to create four leagues. It does not look good if the wildcard team ends up winning the whole thing especially if they defeat the team that initially knocked them from contention which would have been the case last season had the Falcons managed to beat Caledonia in the final.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
flyers2011 wrote: it sucks for both the Flyers and Vipers, could be playing until May and not even have a banner to show for it.
Hey, they are still playing for the Bill Weir Cup and the Western conference championship banner....nothing wrong with that. My Auntie Em lives in Kansas...., I mean Leamington so since I have relatives that live there I'm hoping the Flyers end up as champs. As for playing Caledonia, the Bushleaguers are good but way over-rated and can definitely be beaten. If the Flyers can manage to avoid a situation where a bunch of their best players are out with injuries then they have as good a chance as anybody to beat the "so-called best team in Ontario" who are definitely the "luckiest" team in Ontario.Go Flyers Go!!!!
Bushleaguers were beaten by Caledonia...Forget?

BTW: This is just hilarious. You call Caledonia bushleaguers for reporting the Falcons, you then say:
Go Flyers Go!!!!
You do realize, the Flyers reported Chatham for the exact same thing Caledonia reported St.Catharines for, twice...Last season, and again this season.

So aren't they bushleaguers? :oops: :oops: :P

Talk about not having all your faculties... :lol: 8)

BTW: For the final time, bushleague is cheating, such as trying to play too many imports...Caledonia follows the rules.

But I'm sure Leamington reporting Chatham was different...You know, since it didn't cost your Falcons anything. Talk about delusional. :lol: :smt030
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote: It does not look good if the wildcard team ends up winning the whole thing especially if they defeat the team that initially knocked them from contention which would have been the case last season had the Falcons managed to beat Caledonia in the final.
It happens in the CHL...
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Ramble on Mikey......ramble on. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:Ramble on Mikey......ramble on. :lol:
:smt009
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Is there going to be fourth divison set up I heard Colingwood wants a team that would get rid of this wild card situation.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The GOJHL is NOT looking to expand at this time, as per the article from the Stratford Beacon Herald on March 20.

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/20 ... big-change
No expansion plan

The GOJHL is not looking to expand anytime soon, Lott reiterated this week.

In spite of that, a Collingwood group is going to great lengths to get a new franchise in the GOJHL for the fall of 2016.

In a letter to the city’s parks and rec department, Derek Morrison and Wade Kosowan said they’ll pay $50,000 in trust to the town for ice time, agree to pay off debt from a previous ‘outlaw league’ team, the Collingwood Ice, and offer the town and minor hockey group with revenue sharing proposals.

Morrison, a police officer who lives in the Toronto area, would be the team’s head coach and general manager. His son, Ethan, was a defenceman in Brampton and Listowel this year.

The Collingwood Blues lost 4-3 to the St. Marys Lincolns in the 1976 Sutherland Cup final. The franchise operated as a Junior A club in the late 80s through 2011.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.