Leamington, LaSalle predictions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Leamington, LaSalle predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

This should be a great series, LaSalle has been on fire in these playoffs dominating in the shots department every game in the second round. They have a deep team and wont just roll over. But Leamington has a team built to be here. They've had the finals in mind since day one. A very deep and talented team, the Flyers have a advantage in net with two great goalies ready to go.

LaSalle has gotten good goaltending in these playoffs but it wont be enough.

Prediction: Flyers in 6.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Re: Leamington, LaSalle predictions

Post by flyers2011 »

This series is going to be a classic. Huge rivals being so close. I give the edge to the Flyers, goaltending will be key.
Flyers in 6

Hopefully RG is going for the Vipers, since she didn't do so well with the Nats and Sarnia last round :p
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You'll be disappointed then. I'm not really cheering for anyone in particular this round.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

I predict:

1. Lots of happy fans because they won't have to drive 2-4 hours round trip to see great hockey

2. More than a few kicked posts by Batisti who is the king of post kicking; you think Tugwell is bad... just wait and see

3. Some great defensive play; I'm a big fan of Langlois and Pignanelli for the Vipers, and Bechard comes top of mind for Leamington in front of two solid goaltenders in Barrett and Wheaton, both of whom have proven they can win

4. Leamington in 6
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

we know all about Paolo don't worry haha, ive watched him all year, hes a master at it. but as a leamington fan I cant say much cause we had the King last year Roudebush knocked the net off every time he could. People get mad at the goalies for knocking the net off, but if there getting away with it, why not keep doing it.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

nah not disappointed, don't worry RG. I wouldn't expect ya to support the teams in the GOJHL Western Conference Championship. I am sure there will be fans from Chatham and the other teams though, I would recommend if possible to get to the games early, as Lasalle was a sell out they said last night and was only 1,030. And the Lineups in Leamington will be huge. Essex County is sure a buzz about this series.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:we know all about Paolo don't worry haha, ive watched him all year, hes a master at it. but as a leamington fan I cant say much cause we had the King last year Roudebush knocked the net off every time he could. People get mad at the goalies for knocking the net off, but if there getting away with it, why not keep doing it.
I agree, I get frustrated with the officials for not calling it. If you can get away with it, why not...So frustrating though.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I might consider going to a Sat or Sun game, but it's difficult for me to get to Leamington or LaSalle on a week night. And I'm not leaving work early and driving 1.5-2 hours by myself when it's not to watch my boys.

But I wish both teams well in capturing the Bill Weir Cup and represent us in the Sutherland Cup.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Would of been better if the Sunday game was an afternoon game but don't think it is. and I Agree Port, definatley frustrating.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

flyers2011 wrote:Lasalle was a sell out they said last night and was only 1,030
My buddy and I went from Kitchener on Saturday night and it didn't seem like a 1,000 people. I was quite impressed how LaSalle played but I think Leamington is going to take the series in 7
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm working on my previews right now, have only just started with the Mid-West actually, and it's more indepth than the others have been, which is taking longer to write.

Hopefully I can post my MW one tomorrow and then the W on Wed., but I guarantee they will be posted prior to each Conference's first games, ie. MW by Wed. morning and W by Thurs. morning.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm working on my previews right now, have only just started with the Mid-West actually, and it's more indepth than the others have been, which is taking longer to write.

Hopefully I can post my MW one tomorrow and then the W on Wed., but I guarantee they will be posted prior to each Conference's first games, ie. MW by Wed. morning and W by Thurs. morning.
Looking forward to reading them.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Here's the 'Unofficial' Bill Weir Cup Preview.

http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2015 ... cup-final/
Queen of the GOJHL

SnakeBites2

Post by SnakeBites2 »

Piganelli has played D all year RocketGirl!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

One of Lasalle's best d man, but definatley has not played any forward this year.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

SnakeBites2 wrote:Piganelli has played D all year RocketGirl!
Oooops!!!.... RocketGirl I know you "don't pay attention" to other teams once your Rockettes get knocked out of the playoffs so maybe, just maybe, you should change your title from Unofficial Queen of the GOJHL to Unofficial Queen of the Western Conference.....I mean, Unofficial Queen of the Strathroy Rockettes. :lol:
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

There is no queen of the GOJHL or Western conference Zan trust me lol maybe queen of the rockettes ill give you that one lol
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Just because you're pissed at me, for a stupid reason I might add, doesn't mean you have to be a jackass.

If the magazine would come out you would see that I am the Queen of the GOJHL. And if the Shoe didn't decide the day before play-offs began that they were going to rejoin the GOJHL, then I would be following them like I am for with the Mid-West.

As for Pignanelli, I've seen him take faceoffs, and not when all the forwards have been kicked out, so that tells me he takes shifts as a forward. And I'm not the only person who notices these things, I've had discussions with others about it, but you guys just like to criticize everything that I put out there.

Hell, I was informed yesterday, by who I'm guessing is Paolo's bodyguard, why he needs one I can't figure out, anyways, I was told I was chirping Paolo in my article and to not do that anymore.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:

Hell, I was informed yesterday, by who I'm guessing is Paolo's bodyguard, why he needs one I can't figure out, anyways, I was told I was chirping Paolo in my article and to not do that anymore.
Wow, really?? Are we talking about the post kicking king here? That would be the day...The day a player has me informed to stop making comments about him that are negative in any way. I'd probably just break into laughter and heckle the cr@p out of him at the next games.

That's just me though, I mean these kids flip fans the bird, they yap at them from the box...Then they get angry when they face a bit of critical feedback...lol

Note: My comments aren't directed at "Paolo". They are general comments about things I've seen in the past. I remember a kid yelling at a fan wearing the opponents jersey from the box...The fan zinged him good with the comeback. Then the players pointing at the guy from the bench complaining to the coach...Priceless!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

:D
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

and I think Paolo is big enough where he don't need a body guard lol
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

flyers2011 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5-jr0p ... e=youtu.be

Battisti at his best haha
WOW, that's crazy
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

flyers2011 wrote:and I think Paolo is big enough where he don't need a body guard lol
I had the same thought but apparently saying that Billing is a better goalie means I was chirping him and I was told not to anymore.

Calling 1 team bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled than another is also bashing, so I've learned. Doesn't matter how true it was.
Queen of the GOJHL

flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Shouldn't matter how true it is, that's your opinion which everyone is entitled too.